What is the best way to run other language code?

lolgeny's Avatar lolgeny5/1/18 1:53 pm
2 emeralds 160 3
5/3/2018 9:51 am
Pepijn's Avatar Pepijn
Is it possible to run java code (or any other language, but minecraft was written in java) in minecraft? Or run a jar file? Or do you have to run it manually, and generate an mcfunction file, which you then run? Minecraft commands are very limiting, and it would be nice to have variables (not scoreboards, they cannot be strings), and concat strings? The
/execute store
command can only inject numbers, but say I want a villager to be called what the player is called? How would I do that?

Do you need a mod?

This thread has sort of split into two questions, but the main one is the first.
lolgeny
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/03/2018 9:51 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Cyborg
Pepijn
Use mods, or a wrapper (like halfshell/halfmod - https://github.com/nigelSaysHesHappy/halfMod).

A wrapper is sort of a mod, but different than what people normally call mods. Wrappers do not mess with the minecraft server/client jar but instead work around it (reading from the game output and executing commands from the console)
05/02/2018 8:01 pm
Level 42 : Master Engineer
Barlennan
It is only possible to run code in Minecraft if you make the language yourself with command blocks.

SethBling did it... (google "sethbling basic language")
05/01/2018 7:12 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
A5rocks
If it's a server, you might be able to make it a plug-in... Don't know, as I know nothing about making plug-ins. In single player, however... I don't know. Maybe you can get an api?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome