LF input on a custom gamemode/mod

Talvysh's Avatar Talvysh6/30/23 3:26 pm history
2 emeralds 59
I believe I have a pretty good idea going for a weekly server gamemode. Haven't been in the MC community for quite some time, so I'm interested if this idea even sounds fun to MC players.

Rough design points:
  • Fight for the top score during a week long server event.
  • Killing bosses, mining certain blocks, getting certain items, and killing players will grant points.
  • Teams can be up to 5, each member subtracts 10% of points earned. A team of 2 would be 20% reduction, and a full team would be 50% reduction (hoping this will help solo players somewhat).
  • First thoughts on bosses would be having them spawn randomly somewhere in their respective dimensions.
  • Chests can be locked with iron or diamonds (not sure how many or which one).
  • Chests can be destroyed with TNT.
  • No land protection, but player blocks take longer to break (basically set a PDC for what player placed the block, shouldn't have a lot of overhead but if it does we can go a different route).
  • I feel like some kind of regen needs to take place, but I'm not sure how much or often. Seems like something just testing live would show.
  • Ranking system. You get to X score you get X rewards next wipe. Titles and other permanent rewards can come from this too.

I think the rank system will be the most interesting part of it, and we can come up with some pretty fun and interesting rewards. Some rewards will be instant, some not till next wipe, and some will have permanence.

Thanks for reading!

Poll ended 07/07/2023 3:26 pm.

Talvysh
Level 1 : New Explorer