Optifine help 1.14.2

meyeswat's Avatar meyeswat6/16/19 5:13 pm
1 emeralds 1.3k 4
6/17/2019 7:35 pm
MaimyMayo's Avatar MaimyMayo
hello! i suppose this counts as being in the modding forum due to optifine being its own standalone mod. i'm aware that the 1.14.2 release isn't officially out yet but when trying to test out my problem in older versions, it still didn't work so that may not be the problem.

i have a resource pack on here that uses a specific palette for all of its blocks and items, and i was trying to change the sheep, leather armor, banner, and spawn egg colors using optifine to colors that fit in the palette, as they are hard coded into the game. I got a few of the items to work that only use files found in the colormap folder, such as pumpkin and melon stems and redstone. However, nothing that one would normally find in a color.properties file seems to change when the resource pack is reloaded. Is this due to the color.properties file following a different format than it used to or am i just doing something wrong (which is possible)? thanks

the color.properties file in question that i'm using is the one posted on github: here
also i'm sorry if anything that you might need to see is initially missing! i hope i got everything in but if not let me know!

p.s. Also, when i tried to change the color.properties file of a different resource pack (john smith specifically) that didn't work either. so i really don't know :(

Double also: i apologize if this seems like it's in the wrong forum but this seemed like the best place to put it. i can always put it in a different thread if need be though
meyeswat
Level 58 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter