Alternatives to forge?

TheModMan37's Avatar TheModMan3710/16/15 3:54 pm
1 emeralds 7.5k 3
10/16/2015 6:12 pm
sodacova's Avatar sodacova
Hi im just getting in to modding and was wondering if there are any good alternatives to forge and java? I know very little coding but have some experience with scratch and things like that. Or is forge the only option? Thanks
TheModMan37
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/16/2015 6:12 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Crafter
sodacova
Like Reks said, ModLoader was killed in MC 1.2. While Forge is definitely the most popular option, there are some other modloaders available, such as LiteLoader. You could check it out. I don't make mods anymore, but here's the best advice: don't develop for 1.8. Do it for a version like 1.7.2 or 1.7.10, since 1.8 is weird to develop, which is why I stopped coding mods. If you would like to develop for LiteLoader, go to this page: https://www.assembla.com/spaces/liteloader/wiki
10/16/2015 4:18 pm
Level 21 : Expert Artist
Enygma
There's always Technicpack, which essentially bundles mods together in a pre-set group, which is what Tekkit and Hexxit are based on. The downside is that you have to download a separate launcher, but for the most part it's worth it. It isn't a close alternative to Forge, but most people who don't like to install mods themselves use it.
10/16/2015 4:04 pm
Level 21 : Expert Toast
Lufuu
Forge is the only option due to mod loader died back in 1.2
So sadly forge is the only option at the moment but you can watch mr crayfishes modding tutorial on youtube to help you get better at Modding.
Also start with 1.7.10 modding, cause 1.8 modding is weird
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome