Whoever makes this Mod will get Admin on my upcoming Server!

Chron's Avatar Chron10/16/12 9:09 pm
1 emeralds 1.1k 34
10/19/2012 6:12 pm
Chron's Avatar Chron
I have an EPIC idea, for complete nether survivability:

First off, a nether equivalent for Wood:

Bone Trees: Grow on soul sand. Use a bone on soul sand to grow one. the leaves drop bones when destroyed, with a rare chance for a nether wart (equivalent to an apple). The logs function the same as wood, but the products have a white texture. All products are immune to fire.

Secondly, a Nether tools system:

NOTE: you can use the sticks for tools, or use blaze rods for a built-in fire aspect and increased durability on all tools.

First Tier: Wooden Tools: Destroy Netherrack
Second Tier: Netherrack Tools: Destroy Nether Brick
Third Tier: Nether Brick Tools: Destroy Nether Crystal
Fourth Tier: Nether Crystal Tools: Destroy Obsdian

New Items:
Nether Pumpkin and seeds: (Just like pumpkins)
Nether Melon and seeds: (Just like melons)
Nether Cane: (Just like sugar cane, but grows by lava, and is retextured.)
Nether Crystal: (Nether equivalent of diamonds: found in Netherrack as an orange ore, must be smelted to recieve nether crystals, textured to be like orange emeralds)
Glowstone Torch: (same as torches, but the coal is replaced with glowstone dust.)
Core Block: (a hidden block, one in each Blaze fortress, required to craft a portal to the Great Above.)

Edited Items:
Nether Brick does everything iron does, you just have to smelt it into ingots.
Netherrack does everything smooth stone and cobblestone does.
Soul Sand is used for growing all crops.
Glowstone dust does everything coal does. (1 dust= 8 smelts)
Glowstone also does everything redstone does.
Nether Warts do everything wheat does (includes making nether bread and breeding nether livestock)
Soul Sand does everything sand does can be smelted into Soul Glass (glass with a yellowish tint, slows down things that walk on it, does everything glass does)
Rotten Flesh can be smelted into Candy (fills 3 drumsticks of hunger, no food poisoning)
Water Bottles are filled with lava instead of water.
Gold Nuggets are used for yellow dye. (makes 2 yellow dye)
Red Mushrooms are used for red dye. (makes 2 red dye)
Brown Mushrooms are used for brown dye. (makes 2 brown dye)
Ender Pearls are used for blue dye. (makes 5 blue dye)
Eyes of ender are used for green dye (makes 10 green dye)

New Mobs: (all mobs are immune to fire, and are the same as their overworld counterparts unless otherwise notified)
Nether Chicken
Nether Sheep (has non-flammable wool)
Nether Cow
Nether Pig (Hostile Mob, 10 hearts of health, does 3 hearts of damage. Sprints and jumps at you to attack. Can be tamed using Candy if you havent attacked them, and ridden with a saddle. Acts like a wolf when tamed.)
Nether Spider (Double the size of a normal spider, has double health, double drops, and double damage)
NEW BOSS:
Nether Serpent: (200 hearts of health, flies, and shoots fireballs rapidly. Spawns above the nether when you activate the portal to the Great Above. Drops The Fang when defeated, an unbreakable weapon that deals 50 hearts of damage to anything.)
Edited Mobs:
Magma Cubes drop Slimeballs.
Blazes drop the Fire item, used to craft Chain Armor.
50% of Zombie Pigmen wield Bows, and drop arrows and bows instead of gold products. All zombie pigmen also have a chance to drop Raw Porkchops.
Ghasts drop Ink Sacks, have rare drops of TNT and Flame Charges.
When a Bow-wielding Zombie Pigman kills a Blaze, it drops a music disc.

New generated Structures:
Ender Outposts: Dungeons made out of obsidian that contain enderman spawners and chests that have Saddles, nether livestock (including nether pigs) spawn eggs, nether pumpkin/melon seeds, and nether crystals.
Edited generated structures:
Each blaze fortress has a Core Block in it. It can only be destroyed by a Nether Crystal pickaxe and 10 of them are used to craft a portal to the Great Above. Portals are built in the shape of a nether portal and are activated by ender pearls.

Lastly, make The Nether a world type, so you can spawn, and only be in, the nether.

This is a rather large idea, but I would SO appreciate it if it could be done! I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same way! I would greatly appreciate it if you could make a plugin form of it so I can use it for my upcoming server! Thanks!
Chron
Retired Moderator
Level 47 : Master Cowboy

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/19/2012 5:57 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Engineer
shizzle22
I'll make the mod! Just stop yo' whining! ( lol ) I'll get it down be the end of the week Okay ?
10/19/2012 6:12 pm
Chron
That would be Awesome! You don't have to include Core Blocks, the Nether world type, the Great Above, of the Nether Serpent and The Fang if you don't want to! I would appreciate it if you would PM me when it's done or if you need more information and give me a bit of credit, for the idea. Thanks again!
10/19/2012 5:47 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc218331
[deleted]
10/19/2012 5:49 pm
Chron
If you can make a mod this good, you are a professional, pretty much. They'll still have to fill out an application and help me set up ranks/permissions for my server.
10/19/2012 5:43 pm
Chron
Really nobody can do it? Not even to become an admin?* Or direct me to a place where I can learn?

*Admin would require help with setting up permissions/ranks.
10/19/2012 5:16 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
jdakin731
I Heard Theres A Mod Called Nethercraft Mod, But The Only Thing I Know About It Is That They Have Nether Trees And They Glow, ores that spawn, and mushrooms that glow. I Know zip about modding, but i hope you find a solution
10/19/2012 5:14 pm
Level 25 : Expert Princess
peaches
Don't make that serpent 200 health, make it 50-100.... It will be impossible to beat even with diamond
10/19/2012 5:17 pm
Chron
The Wither has 150. It's beatable. This boss has an amazing item, so it should be hard.
10/19/2012 5:11 pm
Level 29 : Expert Pixel Painter
imagoomba1000000
There is a nethermod
10/19/2012 5:13 pm
Chron
Explain. Does it do everything that's listed, with the exception of the boss, new dimension, core blocks, and the world type?
10/19/2012 5:04 pm
Chron
bump... anyone think they can do this, even the simplified version on page 2?
10/18/2012 6:57 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Scribe
ThatOneOtter
This is an amazing idea! I know zip about modding so all I can do is wish you luck about getting this mod done!
10/18/2012 6:53 pm
Chron
If there a place I can go to learn how to make this mod, and how to set up ranks/permissions?
10/18/2012 6:33 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Batman
Cid_of_Lufenia
This is a brilliant idea it would make it so actual Nether living would be possible people should offer help to this fellow not just say"Use a texture pack".
10/18/2012 6:29 pm
Chron
bump...
10/18/2012 6:07 pm
Chron
OK, OK, OK. here's a simplified version of my idea. You can break it into a few easy mods.

The new/edited items: only a couple new items, and most of them are just retextured and have slightly different properties, or gain the abilities of another item.

The new/edited animals: The new mobs are very simple, most just retextured and given fire/lava immunity, and the nether pig is made hostile. The edited mobs basically just have different item drops. The only part about it that seems hard would be making half of Zombie Pigmen wield bows and drop related products. Might be good to just make a new mob for that.

The new generated structure: not that hard. an obsidian cube, with 1 or 2 enderman spawners, and 1-2 chests with a few things. Easy right?

Don't need the boss, don't need the Core Blocks/Great Above, don't need the Nether serpent, don't need the fang, don't need the nether world type. These are three easily doable mods that can be done by three different people, as long as they're compatible.
10/17/2012 9:09 pm
Level 24 : Expert Dragonborn
dalton12311
Ask the Creators of Tekkit, maybe they can help, also ask some great modders, like the ones that created the Aether!
10/17/2012 9:20 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc408770
[deleted]
10/17/2012 8:54 pm
Chron
bump...anyone willing to take on the challenge and potentially become an admin?
10/17/2012 7:53 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Taco
Master__Chief777
this would be an awesome mod but...
its huge and would take forever...
way beyond me
10/17/2012 7:49 pm
Chron
whoever makes this mod will get admin and/or a statue on my server... they get a statue for making the mod and admin if they help me set up ranks/permissions.
10/17/2012 5:17 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
McMonster68
this would be awesome, pretty sure there is a mod that puts in nether trees, but this would be much cooler, +diamond and subscribtion to whoever makes this
10/17/2012 4:56 pm
Chron
I've made some changes to the mod, adding ways to make all the dyes. Check it out!
10/16/2012 9:56 pm
Level 1 : New Warrior
theawesomedylan
wow..... can i join ur server (maybe if im the first one on i can get admin) add me on skype dylan mandelblatt i want to be updated about wats going on and if there is 2 add both
10/16/2012 9:42 pm
Level 27 : Expert Pig
JosephD100
No regular stuff found in the overworld such as apples only new items right? This makes it hard but awesome. Can't wait to see if this mod is going to be made.
10/16/2012 9:29 pm
Level 47 : Master Nether Knight
Randomness6894
How about we take everything in the overworld and put it is the NETHER.

Or we could change the name overworld to nether and give you a snazzy texture pack and everything would be perfect.
10/16/2012 9:30 pm
Chron
See, my idea is to make this into a server using as few plugins as possible. I also want to throw in the wrench of no water whatsoever yet still have lava, and I want people to think outside the box with things, being restricted to one dimension.
10/16/2012 9:25 pm
Level 27 : Expert Pig
JosephD100
I'm sure people would love this mod.
10/16/2012 9:22 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Modder
BetterMinecraft
I need to ask the whole team from us what they think for this idea and we might help maybe though
10/16/2012 9:18 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Skinner
GrandMasterSmith
Well, that's a lot of work for 1 mod, its do-able, but, you should probably start making it, I have a lot of experience with java, just send me a message on skype. kyan_smith
10/16/2012 9:21 pm
Chron
That's just it. I have big ideas, but no knowledge of java. If you like, I'm sure you could split it up into multiple mods/plugins, as long as they are compatible.
10/16/2012 9:17 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
telamonianajax
This sounds epic. You need to find somone to do this. WE WANT MOAR!
10/16/2012 9:14 pm
Chron
TrrnShowHow about a nether texturepack and a custom world..
lol

See, my idea is to make this into a server using as few plugins as possible. I also want to throw in the wrench of no water whatsoever, and I want people to think outside the box with things, being restricted to one dimension.
10/16/2012 9:12 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Artist
themininguy
Yes so much yes. now if only i could mod.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome