[ NOPE ]

Rawwk's Avatar Rawwk11/1/14 6:19 pm
11/2/2014 12:36 pm
Rawwk's Avatar Rawwk
I am currently learning how to make a mod. Which was going to be for a private usage so I can play with more decorative blocks in a modded Minecraft. But my thought has changed.

If I were to create an Extra Blocks mod (Giving stained colored blocks such as stone bricks, wood, logs, quartz, stairs, slabs, etc).

How many of you would download it to use to make your world to make it more decorative? Or just supporting the mod?

I know "Extra Blocks" (Mo', More, Xtra, etc) has been done tons of times. (Or even other mods that adds some extra stained blocks). But I wanted a mod that added tons of extra blocks instead of having to download multiple mods for just a few.

Will be making a new thread with information about the mod and screenshots.
Rawwk
Level 39 : Artisan Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/02/2014 6:25 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
MissingTextureXD
This isn't really part of this but it'd be good if you could place any different slabs ontop of eachother than it floating above.
11/02/2014 5:05 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
phase
I wouldn't.

Don't mod the game, make your own.
11/02/2014 12:36 pm
Rawwk
What do you mean?

Nevermind.
11/02/2014 4:54 am
Level 34 : Artisan Steve
starrynight
Maybe if you do enhancements in building styles. Keralis once said he wanted glass slabs. XD
11/02/2014 4:29 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Cyborg
RCXcrafter
RawwkIt looks like Chisel mod is 1.6.4.

Someone actually made a 1.7.10 version of it. http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/224329-chisel-1-7
11/01/2014 9:09 pm
Level 42 : Master Batman
Craftable Danny
Rawwk, here's a tip that me and my friends/family love about mods. Big updates, like over 25-30 new blocks, mobs, looks of the game, huge changing things. Just a tip.
11/01/2014 9:17 pm
Rawwk
My mod is mostly just focusing on adding new blocks (using vanilla items) or new items that are used to make new blocks.

I will most likely be doing like 2-3 full sets of new blocks (full vanilla colors [white, magenta, cyan, etc]) then update.

EDIT: Here is some pictures of the blocks and what my objective of the mod is.

There are 16 colors from dyeing. Most set of blocks such as the stone bricks in this picture will have 16 colors. So other sets such as wood, quartz, etc will have 16 different color blocks.

Sorry for the bad textures. I am not a great artist. And these were made on the spot.

(Ignore that stone brick block on the right)
11/01/2014 7:51 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pixel Painter
ThaumasTheIceBeing
Sounds very similar to the Chisel mod. Maybe you could help them, as RCXcrafter suggested. More and more options of different block styles to choose from are always cool. Instead of just one type of cobblestone, why not have it in all colors, have it even more cracked if that's possible, have it look like it's made of Andesite or Granite or the other type of stone they added in 1.8.
11/01/2014 6:47 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Cyborg
RCXcrafter
11/01/2014 8:38 pm
Rawwk
ThaumasTheIceBeingSounds very similar to the Chisel mod. Maybe you could help them, as RCXcrafter suggested. More and more options of different block styles to choose from are always cool. Instead of just one type of cobblestone, why not have it in all colors, have it even more cracked if that's possible, have it look like it's made of Andesite or Granite or the other type of stone they added in 1.8.

It looks like Chisel mod is 1.6.4. I'm very new to the modding scene but that's my objective towards "Extra Blocks". Adding colored blocks and new blocks. Letting players have more blocks to choose from when building.

I will be doing simple blocks first such as the stone bricks, wood, etc then I will start doing things like the mossy/cracked stone bricks, etc.
11/01/2014 6:32 pm
Level 42 : Master Batman
Craftable Danny
I may. I am not a person to download mods for extra blocks, but I would probably if it gave me a TON of blocks yes I would. I usually go for game changing mods and looks.
11/01/2014 6:39 pm
Rawwk
I am just currently learning modding on my free-time. And I do want to add tons of blocks with different variety. Reskins of vanilla, new blocks, etc.

I just don't have any ideas of what new blocks I should add other than reskins.

[All the blocks will be either in a world generation if I ever learn-so or just a simple crafting recipe or furnace smelt.]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome