FiskUtil mod - yay or nay?

FiskFille's Avatar FiskFille8/13/14 2:42 pm
1 emeralds 494 8
8/14/2014 5:38 am
Karrfis's Avatar Karrfis
Lately I have noticed that in my mods there are so many things that I need to copy from one mod to another which takes time I could have spent actually coding the mod itself.

So as a conclusion, I have decided to make a utility mod to do all of this for me. "How does this affect me?", you may ask. Well, it will change a few things, and I'll go over them in a second. These pros and cons are based purely on my opinion.

'Positive' changes:
* I will be able to release new mods more frequently.
* I will be able to release updates more frequently.
* My update tracker will notify you when one of my mods has a new update, rather than alerting you about the updates separately (which ultimately gives you a less spammy chat when joining a world).

'Negative' changes:
* All of my mods will require FiskUtil installed too in order to function.

So please give me all of your feedback, I need to know if this is something I should do or not. Comment below, did you vote yes or no? Why did you vote yes/no?
FiskFille
Level 96 : Overlord Fish

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/13/2014 3:45 pm
Level 1 : New Network
RedBlock_
Think about all the noobs that will report it for no working.
08/14/2014 5:38 am
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
if the "noobs" read the instructions it will work for them
08/13/2014 3:41 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
bmanrules
You shouldn't be asking us for feedback on it. You're the developer, it's your mod, do whatever the hell you like. I did something similar with my own mod and my Vehicle API, but included the API with my own mods, and only made users install it themselves if the mod that needed it wasn't made by me.
08/13/2014 3:19 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Cyborg
RCXcrafter
If you do it I don't think you should make an extra submussion for it (unless it does some neat things by itself). Just put a direct download link (no adfly or mediafire) in every mod submission you have.
08/13/2014 2:58 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
if it is easier for you you should do it. its only one extra file for users to install
08/13/2014 3:02 pm
Level 96 : Overlord Fish
FiskFille
08/13/2014 2:58 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
ZachDevv
Sounds like a good idea
08/13/2014 2:54 pm
Level 80 : Elite Modder
JavaBuckets
Vote cast: No
Planet Minecraft