Forming a Mod Team

Roxas_'s Avatar Roxas_7/31/16 3:17 pm
1 emeralds 962 9
8/10/2016 7:25 pm
jtrent238's Avatar jtrent238
--TL;DR--
Here's a quick rundown.
I'm getting together a group of people who can write mods. We'll be working as a team, and sometimes solo. Donations will be equally split and all credit will be given to authors. If you're 15 or older, know what you're doing, and/or are really good with art, go to the bottom to apply
I wrote this because people hate reading, go figure.
--END TL;DR--
Below this is a bunch of extra info for those who care. I'm outlining the details. If you've got a question, make sure I don't answer it here, then feel free to ask. Also, suggestions welcome

First off, leadership.
I've worked with mod writers in the past, and I know enough to realize a high-and-mighty leader of all will collapse a team. So we'll just be a group who works off of each other to produce whatever it is we work on. I won't limit leadership, I don't intend to, if you're heading the project you're in charge for the development in that project.

Second off, requests
I know a lot of modmakers like to make mods that the community wants, while others make mods strictly to their liking and then take reviews. This team will kind of do both, we'll vote on the next project or projects and work from there. Sometimes, we might not even work on the same mod all at once, instead we may give advice or ask for it.

Thirdly, profit. cue comments
Yes, mod makers put a lot of time into their work, and yes donations do help. Especially when a computer kicks the bucket and forces a mod to be put on hold. So, this sort of thing will be handled once a team is formed. That said, I highly doubt any of our productions, save one or two, will have paywalls. With that, we'll have a donation system for any mods made by the group. We'll have a set way to distribute any donations fairly. If you work on a mod alone and it receives donations, that's your money. You won't need to split that.

Fourth, credit.
This is quite simple. If you put work into it, your name is on it. We will have a team name, but we'll also list the members of that team and their contribution. So instead of "The __ Team" you end up with the names of each individual.

Fifth, testing
In the event of making a mod to be used on servers, it's always fun to have an official server with no heavy editing of that mod. Luckily, my friend at HNMC network has allowed us free use of their server machines. There will be an account specifically for the mod team, with the ability to quickly create and manage our personal servers at will. There won't be a monthly fee as I am involved with HNMC, as the owner is a personal friend who is supporting this team.

Finally, requirements.
Not just anyone can join this team and ride along without contributing. Please have knowledge of at least the basics of making mods. Such as making a new material, or food item, or blocks. Of course, the more you know the better it is
As for age, I think 15 is a pretty fair minimum. If you have the knowledge, but don't fit the bill here contact me and we'll discuss the exception.
Texturing: If you do textures and mods, or just textures, we need you! My fingers are made for code, not colors, so an artist to help give life to mods is a great help.
If you think you'd like to help out, read below:
Pick one of the following to apply.
Fill out this form http://goo.gl/forms/UUPzbVm3ADvfzgh53
Contact live:treyspcs on Skype.
Comment or PM me your In-game name, age, years of experience and suggestions you might have for this group, if any.
Roxas_
Level 11 : Journeyman Modder