No longer Valid, please delete.

voicesinthedark's Avatar voicesinthedark10/31/13 11:44 pm
1 emeralds 270 5
11/1/2013 12:08 am
Instant_ReplEH's Avatar Instant_ReplEH
This thread is no longer valid as it was asking for help modifying an existing mod, and I actually tracked down the error with that mod not working properly.
voicesinthedark
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/01/2013 12:08 am
Level 31 : Artisan Fisherman
Instant_ReplEH
voicesinthedark
Instant_ReplEH
voicesinthedark-snip

AwesomeMin3r2000
-snip-

-snippidy!-

yeah yeah yeah definitely not where it would be available to anyone else and yeah it would only be for private use only. Heck if I could have sorted out the conflict(s) with whatever mod(s) I have that is causing all the trouble then I'd use the full gothicCraft mod because I really think the whole thing it awesome.

Never heard of it but, with all your praise about it, it seems like I should try it out!
11/01/2013 12:03 am
voicesinthedark
Instant_ReplEH
voicesinthedarkI'm asking/begging if someone in the community would be willing to extract those three items for me and turn them into their own mini-mod for MC 1.4.7.

AwesomeMin3r2000
Without written consent from the original maker of the mod, nobody in their right mind would do this. It is called unoriginal content, and or content stealing, and a person can be banned from PMC for doing so.

I don't think he means it needs to be posted to PMC, only a place where he can download it such as Mediafire which would cause no ban.

Also if it's for private non-commercial use I'm pretty sure he is allowed to use it. It's just to edit the mod in a way that the user "voicesinthedark" can use the mod therefore not breaking any rules.

Only problem is trying to get someone that knows Java to take the time to edit it for you. I would help if I could but, unfortunately I cannot. Good luck in your future endeavours!

yeah yeah yeah definitely not where it would be available to anyone else and yeah it would only be for private use only. Hell if I could have sorted out the conflict(s) with whatever mod(s) I have that is causing all the trouble then I'd use the full gothicCraft mod because I really think the whole thing it awesome.
10/31/2013 11:58 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Fisherman
Instant_ReplEH
voicesinthedarkI'm asking/begging if someone in the community would be willing to extract those three items for me and turn them into their own mini-mod for MC 1.4.7.

AwesomeMin3r2000
Without written consent from the original maker of the mod, nobody in their right mind would do this. It is called unoriginal content, and or content stealing, and a person can be banned from PMC for doing so.

I don't think he means it needs to be posted to PMC, only a place where he can download it such as Mediafire which would cause no ban.

Also if it's for private non-commercial use I'm pretty sure he is allowed to use it. It's just to edit the mod in a way that the user "voicesinthedark" can use the mod therefore not breaking any rules.

Only problem is trying to get someone that knows Java to take the time to edit it for you. I would help if I could but, unfortunately I cannot. Good luck in your future endeavours!
10/31/2013 11:53 pm
voicesinthedark
AwesomeMin3r2000
voicesinthedarkI don't know the programming language to modify a mod

The programming language to develop mods is Java...

voicesinthedarkNormally this is something I would never ask, but I have tried to contact the mod's creator without success.

This normally means you he/she does not wish to fulfill your request, for good reasoning most likely...

Sorry pal,

AwesomeMin3r2000

What I meant by no success in attempting to contact the original creator is they don't appear active any longer, not that they just aren't returning my messages. If it was someone that was still active in the modding community then I definitely wouldn't have even thought about asking this.

Also what I meant by don't know the programming language is, I know it's Java, I just don't know how to actually write/modify the java programming language. I've tried muddling through it enough to attempt to disable the parts of the mod that I think are creating the conflict, but I haven't had any luck.
10/31/2013 11:50 pm
Level 42 : Master Droid
GigabyteGiant
voicesinthedarkI don't know the programming language to modify a mod

The programming language to develop mods is Java...

voicesinthedarkNormally this is something I would never ask, but I have tried to contact the mod's creator without success.

This normally means you he/she does not wish to fulfill your request, for good reasoning most likely...

Sorry pal,

AwesomeMin3r2000
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome