MCP help

killahtomato's Avatar killahtomato7/28/13 8:14 am
7/29/2013 11:58 am
killahtomato's Avatar killahtomato
So I have been working on an admin client for my staff on a Minecraft server I run. I have everything pretty much ready to go and at least ready to test in a real world situation. I have made a few small clients before with no problems but this one is killing me.

I'm using MCP and all is well except the re-obfuscation. It outputs the file to reobf, but it wont actually re-obfuscate. It just leaves me with .class files of the common names like , guiIngame, and not oae or whatever. It also is not outputting my new classes, such as my guiclick class. Has anyone run into this problem before? If so did you ever find a solution?

I have tried starting from scratch to get this to work, the only thing I did was back up my .java source files and copied them to the new src folder once the new .jar was decompiled. I then edited the code a bit more, just comments and notation. It produces the same results.

I even went as far as to copy the actual code back into the freshly decompiled classes, in case it checks if you actually edited the files in eclipse or something. Long shot but I am out of ideas at this point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
killahtomato
Level 6 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/29/2013 11:58 am
killahtomato
Nothing? I have searched everywhere for this and seem to come up empty.
07/28/2013 5:15 pm
killahtomato
Yes as I have said before I have made other clients. Never had this problem, I recompile before I reobfuscate. Everything is fine except that the files do not actually obfuscate they just export without changing. They should end up in the reobf folder all obfuscated and ready to go. They unfortunately do not.

@cuchaz

It seems to point to the client.srg

Which is, as expected, a list of obfuscated names and common names.
Nothing seems awry with it.
07/28/2013 4:41 pm
Level 77 : Legendary Modder
cuchaz
runtime\bin\python\python_mcp runtime\reobfuscate.py --srgnames %

The % means an argument to the script you found this line in. It's probably just a list of obfuscated names. Find out what calls this script and you'll get the value of that argument.

What you're really looking for is where the script expects to find your class files. You might have to dig a little deeper (and know how to read python code) to figure that out.
07/28/2013 4:08 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Programmer
deadrecon98
did you recompile before you re obfuscated??
07/28/2013 4:11 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Modder
froghog
yes he is right you have to recompile first, not at the sametime.
07/28/2013 3:53 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Modder
froghog
the names after reobf will stay the same as when you had it in eclipse, and do you know how to find the files that it reobf'ed?
07/28/2013 3:49 pm
killahtomato
@cuchaz

Doesn't seem to be

@deadrecon98

posting fullsize pics on this forum is poop lol

here is a link:

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/9253/ahwk.png
07/28/2013 2:53 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Programmer
deadrecon98
You did not explain good enough. Give me screenshots of you running the bat.
07/28/2013 2:42 pm
cuchaz
Is it one of the conf files?
07/28/2013 1:48 pm
killahtomato
runtime\bin\python\python_mcp runtime\reobfuscate.py --srgnames %

I cant find srgnames anywhere
07/28/2013 12:17 pm
cuchaz
In my MCP, I have two reobfs scripts:

mcp/reobfuscate.sh and mcp/reobfuscate_srg.sh (For windows, you'd use the .bat versions.) These two scripts just call python scripts anyway, so the .sh/.bat is mostly just cosmetic. Anyway, find out where those scripts are getting their class files and make sure yours are in the right place. (ie, you need to call recompile.sh first)

I always use mcp/reobfuscate_srg.sh when I compile my mods. I haven't used the mcp/reobfuscate.sh script.
07/28/2013 11:50 am
killahtomato
Could you elaborate on that more? Where are these two scripts located? I see a client.srg file in the conf folder. That seems to list all the obfuscated - common name files, that are in the client. If that is where it's getting its info then it seems to be correct.
07/28/2013 10:56 am
cuchaz
My guess is that the reobfuscation script (make sure you're using the right one. There are two) is not using the correct class files. Find out where the reobfs script expects its input class files to be and make sure your class files are there.
07/28/2013 8:59 am
killahtomato
I have now completely started from scratch just to test. Made minor changes to the code, just to see what it would output. It still gives me the .class file that has the common name and not the obfuscated one. This is very frustrating.
07/28/2013 8:50 am
Level 1 : New Miner
TheChillaxMC
No Idea, Sorry
07/28/2013 8:49 am
killahtomato
It's just a client I'm making to give to the admins on my server. Do you know why MCP wont obfuscate my files?
07/28/2013 8:21 am
Level 1 : New Miner
TheChillaxMC
What do you mean a Admin Client?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome