MinerCore Modding API: Making modding a lot easier!

EnderMiner77's Avatar EnderMiner7711/4/14 10:21 pm
1 emeralds 472 4
11/4/2014 10:32 pm
EnderMiner77's Avatar EnderMiner77
What is MinerCore?
Click to reveal
Have you ever tried to mod, but ended up failing because you didn't know much about java? Did you start a mod from a tutorial, but got a headache from the sheer number of "classes" you had to make and put code in? If that's you, then this mod is perfect for you. The API makes things like adding items and blocks a breeze! No need to have confusion on whether to get the "source" or the "universal" version, since the mod works as both a code library and a minecraft mod without any need to decompile and stuff like that.

You need this mod to make MinerCore mods, and you also need it play them, just like your typical mod. Not a beginner at java? Not a problem! If you need to add hundreds of items, yet don't like managing hundereds of classes, then you can use this API and only need one class to hold everything! Plus, you can override some base classes and add your own functionality!

And remember, to use a MinerCore mod, all you need to do is put the MinerCore API jar file in your mods folder, and you're good to go!

Download from here: http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/mcore-api/

Anyways, the point of this forum thread is to see if anyone out there has any ideas for what I should add. Or maybe, I just missed a bug that is bothering you. I'll try to answer any questions/comments as soon as possible.

Update log:

The Explosive Update (v1.1)
Click to reveal
Yes, as the name suggests, in version 1.1, there is now added support for easy customization of explosives! I will add a ton of overloaded constructors for various mechanics, like changing initial velocity, and such. I will also replace the Explosives++ mod (inside programmer joke there), since the Explosives+ mod isn't being worked on anymore. But for now, if you want to add an explosive to your mod, then just use the following template:

import minerguy31.mcore.block.BlockExplosive;

BlockExplosive testExplosiveblock=new BlockExplosive("internalname,explosionpower,fuse,texturename);
GameRegistry.registerBlock(texturename, internalname);

IMPORTANT: Your textures must be named as your texturename, with "_top", "_side", and "_bottom" at the end, or else it will NOT WORK.
EnderMiner77
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Programmer