Mod Idea

Brickheim's Avatar Brickheim11/25/13 12:45 pm
1 emeralds 142 2
11/25/2013 1:05 pm
Zatharel's Avatar Zatharel
(Not sure if this belongs in this section, I guess I'll find out)

Hello, fellow crafters. I am no wizard with code, but I came up with a pretty good mod idea this morning. I was wondering if it would be possible to add puddles to minecraft. These would be used for several things - setting the mood for a foggy, puddle-riddled street in 1900's London, adding some water on the floor for dramatic effect in dungeons or hostage situations, adding puddles to a field right after rainfall...
Some other stuff to include would be (I don't know, a rainbow after it rained? Or also fog. Fog would be nice. (Or, I guess we could turn our render distance down if we so desired.) And by puddles, I don't mean block-deep pools. I mean thickness-wise about 1 pixel high, (Using no texture packs) to about carpet-high, and it adds a visual filter to the block underneath, as well as makes the sound when you step on it. This will take a lot of environmental coding, but it is by all means possible. Good luck to whoever ends up making this mod, and I sure do hope you could squeeze in some credit. PM me if you are deciding on making it. You have the creative freedom to do what you want with it. Good day, and good luck.
Brickheim
Level 11 : Journeyman Artist