Developer Team

TimTheEnchanter0's Avatar TimTheEnchanter03/27/14 11:24 pm
3/30/2014 12:30 am
TimTheEnchanter0's Avatar TimTheEnchanter0
Hey, all you Devlopers!

I am looking for people willing to help me and others create mods that will impress everyone!

I need: Developers x3, Senior Developers x2 (experienced coders), Assistant Developers x2 (people that will look for errors in the coding), Texture Artist x1, Graphic Designer x1, Beta Testers x3

If you want to be a Developer, Assistant Developer, or Senior Developer you MUST know how to code and fill out an app before you will be accepted.

If you want to be a Texture Artist you must have experience with making textures and have proof of prior work. You also need to fill out an app before you will be accepted.

If you want to be a Graphic Designer you must be experienced with making graphics and have proof of prior work. You also need to fill out an app before you will be accepted.

If you want to be a Beta Tester you must know how to install mods, which will include Forge. You don't need to make an app for this, but I would appreciate it if you would.

Application Forms
*An asterisk marks a required field.

Developer:

Experience in Coding:
*Prior Work:
Skype Name:
*E-Mail:

Senior Developer:

Experience in Coding:
*Prior Work:
Skype Name: (If you have one)
*E-Mail:

Assistant Developer:

Experience in Coding:
*Prior Work:
Skype Name:
*E-Mail:

Texture Artist:

*Prior Work:
Skype Name:
*E-Mail:

Graphic Designer:

*Prior Work:
Skype Name:
*E-Mail:

Beta Tester:

Have you ever been a Beta tester for any other mods? If you have a video of you testing one, please include it here.:
Skype Name:
*E-Mail:

Keep in mind we will be making lots of mods, so make sure you're available to work hard!

All team members will be credited upon mod completion. Thanks for reading and I hope you decide to join!

My Skype: TimTheEnchanter0
My Email: gp10001518@hotmail.com
TimTheEnchanter0
Level 15 : Journeyman Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/30/2014 12:30 am
TimTheEnchanter0
Actually i should not of said that because i don't quit Im still gonna Try to get someone because im just not the quitting type
03/28/2014 11:30 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Pixel Painter
TheMCBros99
You said modding teem.
03/28/2014 11:29 pm
TimTheEnchanter0
I don't know what you mean
03/28/2014 10:47 pm
TheMCBros99
I hate to say it, but its team.
03/28/2014 10:46 pm
TimTheEnchanter0
Ok then its final Il close the openings tell i get a reason to have a teem of moders ;(
03/28/2014 10:17 pm
TheMCBros99
Give up, sadly it looks like no one wants to join... Try again another time buddy, ;(
03/28/2014 9:28 pm
TimTheEnchanter0
I don't know what to do now... im lost and don't know if i should just give up on this or keep tying
03/28/2014 5:14 pm
TimTheEnchanter0
Is their anything I can do that will insure that I will get at least Some people to help?
03/28/2014 4:39 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Nerd
LegoSpidermanFan
Nice way of describing it Xslare
03/28/2014 8:37 am
TimTheEnchanter0
The only thing I have left is some stuff from 1.6.4 that it Experimental. All my other stuff that I had my friends now have or i deleted because nobody would download...
03/28/2014 8:16 am
TimTheEnchanter0
I have what example do i need? Name one for me and il see.
03/28/2014 8:32 am
Level 96 : Overlord Fish
FiskFille
Just show me some of your previous work, whatever you feel went well.
03/28/2014 4:53 am
Level 96 : Overlord Fish
FiskFille
Just a quick question... why would ANY experienced programmer join this?! I mean... we get nothing in return, and as it seems, you have no whatsoever experience yourself. Try making something of your own.
03/28/2014 4:25 am
TimTheEnchanter0
I fixed it Thx for telling me
03/28/2014 1:26 am
TheMCBros99
You spelt team wrong.
03/28/2014 1:06 am
TimTheEnchanter0
How does it look now??
03/28/2014 1:04 am
TimTheEnchanter0
Loved Your Idea!! Thx i will change it
03/28/2014 12:39 am
TimTheEnchanter0
To who? Btw Like your pic
03/28/2014 12:36 am
Level 33 : Artisan Nerd
LegoSpidermanFan
gosh guys ur so mean to him
03/28/2014 12:42 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Architect
MomoMomiji
I prefer to call it "tough love."

In any case, some of the terminology you use is quite... different as well. Personally, I've never heard any legitimate developer refer to himself as a "coder"; maybe a "code-monkey" in the joking sense, but usually the term "Developer" works just fine. The following could use some revision as well:
  • "Anti-coder" to "Assistant Developer"
  • "Texture-maker" to "Texture Artist"
  • "Graphic-maker" to "Graphic Designer"
  • "Head-coder" to "Senior Developers" or "Managers"

Again, the point of making a neat and concise request thread is to attract the best of the readers to the project; anything that may drive the skilled away should be avoided like the plague.
03/28/2014 12:32 am
TimTheEnchanter0
I have checked it and changed every thing that I could find Tell me if you find more
03/28/2014 12:25 am
TimTheEnchanter0
If you would Help me out a little and point some things out that i can change so it will look better (Honestly this is my first time posting on a webpage like this)
03/28/2014 12:53 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
I just went ahead and made edits in red and notes in green because it would take way too long to point everything out by writing you an essay. I'm not saying you have to use my edit, but I changed a lot of sentences that were worded weirdly as well as a ton of errors in capitalization and spelling.

Click to reveal
Hey, all you Coders!

I am looking for people willing to help me and others create mods that will impress everyone!

I need: Coders x3, Head-Coders x2 (experienced coders), Anti-Coders x2 (people that will look for errors in the coding), Texture Artist x1, Graphic Designer x1, Beta Testers x3

If you want to be a Coder, Anti-Coder, or Head-Coder you MUST know how to code and fill out an app before you will be accepted.

If you want to be a Texture Artist you must have experience with making textures and have proof of prior work. You also need to fill out an app before you will be accepted.

If you want to be a Graphic Designer you must be experienced with making graphics and have proof of prior work. You also need to fill out an app before you will be accepted.

If you want to be a Beta Tester you must know how to install mods, which will include Forge. You don't need to make an app for this, but I would appreciate it if you would.

Application Forms
*An asterisk marks a required field.

Coder:

Experience in Coding:
*Prior Work:
Skype Name:
*E-Mail:

Head-Coder:

Experience in Coding:
*Prior Work:
Skype Name: (If you have one)
*E-Mail:

Anti-Coder:

Experience in Coding:
*Prior Work:
Skype Name:
*E-Mail:

Texture Artist:

*Prior Work: (I don't really see why it can't be a texture pack. Just because it's a texture pack doesn't mean they aren't talented. You're going to have a larger applicant pool if you allow texture packs as prior work, but that's your call. Just making a point.)
Skype Name:
*E-Mail:

Graphic Designer:

*Prior Work:
Skype Name:
*E-Mail:

Beta Tester:

Have you ever been a Beta tester for any other mods? If you have a video of you testing one, please include it here.:
Skype Name:
*E-Mail:

Keep in mind we will be making lots of mods, so make sure you're available to work hard!

All team members will be credited upon mod completion. Thanks for reading and I hope you decide to join!

My Skype: TimTheEnchanter0
My Email: gp10001518@hotmail.com

Edit: Xslare also has some great points about what to call these positions, as the ones you chose are probably not what I would go with if we're aiming to attract experienced, mature developers.

Edit 2: I see you made changes to the names already, so nevermind.
03/28/2014 12:22 am
TimTheEnchanter0
I know and I have done a bad job at it Its Just That I have a hard time spelling and You normally not see this many errors Im sorry about that.
03/28/2014 12:19 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
I know other people have pointed this out, but I'd like to make a point. If I was someone who was looking to team up with other developers, I'd want them all to be able to spell things correctly, otherwise we're going to end up working out a lot of bugs in our code caused by simple spelling mistakes. It would do you some good to seriously proof-read your post and make yourself look a bit more professional.
03/28/2014 12:18 am
TimTheEnchanter0
I also moved down the amount of People needed to a decent amount Tell me if that seems ok.
03/28/2014 12:16 am
TimTheEnchanter0
I changed some of the spelling Tell me if you see anything that's wrong Sorry about That
03/28/2014 12:10 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Neptonic
Your team is larger than some indie game studios. I think that says it all.
03/28/2014 12:09 am
Level 23 : Expert Narwhal
hober64
No offense, but you have a lot of spelling, punctuation, and grammar mistakes. I am not going to go full Nazi on you, but at least change the title to "Modding Team" please.
03/28/2014 12:07 am
MomoMomiji
Honestly, your team is way too large to function efficiently; I've built entire servers with just 2 or 3 other guys, let alone a few stand-alone mods.

Also, you really should get a few ideas for what the team will be working on anyways; having a pretty-looking goal always helps attract the interesting people. Personally, I focus less on user interaction but rather back-end data-flow; unless the task falls within those lines I have little interest in spending time working with a large group of people with varying levels of both skill and experience.

Also, please fix the OP. The spelling errors make it very challenging to take you seriously; at least try to use a spellchecker.
03/28/2014 12:02 am
TimTheEnchanter0
I plan on Just Mods that My staff Come up with and make a vote and the winning mad will be made.... Does that make sense?
03/28/2014 12:01 am
yoyoiamcool
I don't know what you mean[/quote]

what mods do you plan on making, the idea?
03/27/2014 11:59 pm
TimTheEnchanter0
and as long as you Know what your doing and not just Getting in just to be in im fine with it
03/27/2014 11:54 pm
yoyoiamcool
do you have a mod "idea" ?
03/27/2014 11:58 pm
TimTheEnchanter0
I don't know what you mean
03/27/2014 11:53 pm
yoyoiamcool
i would love to help! but im not that experienced
03/27/2014 11:50 pm
TimTheEnchanter0
If any of you have any questions on what we will be doing feel free to ask
03/27/2014 11:28 pm
TimTheEnchanter0
I know xD I don't like spelling
03/27/2014 11:26 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Mountaineer
DivinePhoenix
Not to be mean or anything, but you have a lot of spelling errors.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome