[1.6.4][Mystcraft]DynamicLinkPanels-Super Speedy 9000 Update

shadowking97's Avatar shadowking975/30/14 4:23 pm
1 emeralds 758 1
6/3/2014 9:19 am
shadowking97's Avatar shadowking97
DYNAMIC LINKING PANELS

This mod gives you a peek into the other dimensions/ages of mystcraft before you link into them.

This will work with any linking book, showing you the age/dimension that you are about to link to before you go there! No more do you have to worry about someone putting lava under your link point!

SUPER SPEEDY 9000 UPDATE - This update increases the response time of the link panels tremendously in both single player and multiplayer, with speeds clocked as low as half a second in singleplayer!

Currently, it does not show any block updates or entities, but having those live is planned in the future!

It also acts as a chunk loader - opening the books will tell minecraft to load the chunks around that spot, and pre-generate new age chunks before you link in. Until the live update update, it will still allow minecraft to unload those chunks immediately after.

This is an optional mod - meaning it's designed so that if you have it and the server doesn't, it simply will not function. Will not crash, or tax the system that doesn't have it. I have not tested this, so if that's not the case, please let me know!

Warning - this is an ALPHA build. Crashes may occur, please send me any crash reports related to Dynamic Linking Panels. I will try to push updates as fast as I can to fix anything major.

How to install and download
Install forge 964+
Install Mystcraft 10.13 (Download in blog)
Download: Dynamic Link Panels

Drop it into your mods folder next to mystcraft, and you're all set!
The same on the server.

If you want to use this mod in a modpack - I will say yes. However, you must have permission to use mystcraft in your modpack, and ask!

Legal Stuff
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with or alters the Minecraft software to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
MODADDON - modification, plugin, a peice of software that interfaces with or alters a MOD to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER - shadowking97 (Ken Butler), Original author of the MODADDON. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MODADDON despite use of MOJANG code.
MOD OWNER - Xcompwiz (Zach Laster), Original auther of the MOD Mystcraft
USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod. (You!)

1. LIABILITY
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MODADDON TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MODADDON. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME. PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MODADDON FALL ON THE USER.

2. USE
Use of this MODADDON to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.

3. REDISTRIBUTION
This MODADDON may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER or by entities the OWNER has given permission for its distribution.The MODADDON may be distributed in a 'private modpack' without issue. Private distribution requires that only 'members' be able to access the pack. There cannot be a publicly accessible link. Peer-to-Peer transfer is recommended in this context, or password protected downloads.ANY attempts to make money off of this MODADDON (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION
This modaddon is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private or educational use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MODADDON require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.

Changelog
Dynamic Link Panels 1.4A
Super Speedy 9000 update!
-Increased loading, response, and display times drastically
-Fixed 'stack overflow' errors on some machines
-Increased max render distance to 15
-Server now dispatches packets faster, and on separate thread without lagging main server

Dynamic Link Panels 1.3A
-Fixed nether textures disappearing while using a book.
-Fixed crash due to closing book too quickly.
-Added circular flying camera, to better represent original Myst series.
-Added config files

Note on let's plays and mod spotlights: Go ahead. Do what you want, say what you want. The only restriction is distribution. If you distribute my mod, you must credit me and send me a message about it! Note that this only applies to public modpacks, or uploading to other sites. Anything you're just sending to your friends is fine by me.

Mod Reviews/Spotlights

Note: The effects on the panel do use shaders, but they auto-disable if your machine cannot support them.
shadowking97
Level 23 : Expert Taco