Need Help Now In Deep Trouble With My Mod Code!!!!

Killawulf_Gaming's Avatar Killawulf_Gaming7/14/16 3:20 pm
1 emeralds 1.2k 12
7/19/2016 6:13 am
Killawulf_Gaming's Avatar Killawulf_Gaming
Hi Everyone My Name Is Killawulf
I am new o the modding community and started creating a mod called Dead or Alive Quite Recently. Me being new and all meant I went on a search for tutorials to help me through the process of creating the mod. But recently some code in my mod broke and this code was to do with a tree creation tutorial made by Neale Gaming. The trouble is that he used the block meta method which is where you can create multiple blocks with registering one block and using only one class and what ended up happening was that when I added my leaf and log blocks and created textures for them most of them use the same texture as the original block which is the first block meta data. Not only that but the Minecraft colourizer changed the colour of my leaf blocks from the colours I made them to green and such and I don't know how to stop it from doing it. If you wish to help me let me know if you would need the code and I will send it. Thank you in advance.
Killawulf_Gaming
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/19/2016 6:13 am
Killawulf_Gaming
SO I Managed to fix the problem with the leaves. But I still have a problem with the logs only 4 logs have their own textures the rest when placed have the same Id as the first four blocks and textures so when you middle click them to pick them you get one of the four blocks that have their own texture instead of the regular block. I have no Idea how to fix this one and I've looked through the source code of other mods with logs in and none of them make sense to me. I Believe that Biomes O Plenty has similar code to the logs I'm doing but I cant see it as the code is hidden by the creators when I try to look at it. My Code Is Bellow If Anyone Knows How to fix it just let me now how.

Code:
http://pastebin.com/4jXmKbiY
07/16/2016 12:44 pm
Killawulf_Gaming
Plus I'm using eclipse because i understand java more than mcreator because it doesn't work when ever i use it.
07/16/2016 12:43 pm
Killawulf_Gaming
Im Not Getting any errors its just not using the texture i give the leaves that are past the chime leaves
07/15/2016 9:06 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
What error are you getting in your IDE?(Eclipse, Net Beans, Visual Studio, etc) (I think Visual Studio has java support.)
07/15/2016 8:56 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Crafter
jalen1563
If your a beginner maybe you should use a program like mcreator or eclipse to make a mod
07/18/2016 3:00 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Modder
jtrent238
Eclipse is what you make mods in, by code. Mcreator is automatic mod making process.
07/18/2016 3:06 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
07/15/2016 5:16 pm
Killawulf_Gaming
Here Is The Link To The Code Let Me Know If It Works
http://pastebin.com/7mMTAhMp
07/15/2016 5:03 pm
Level 46 : Master Blockhead
SilverKytten
From the sounds of it, the reason your leaves keep turning green is because you're using the same leaf code as MC: MC leaves don't have colours in the textures. The colour is added, later, based on the biome that the leaves are in. You'll need to find and remove the code that says 'in X biome, use X colour,' in order to make them use the colour you give the textures.

Also, it would be really helpful for you to put a link to the code in your post, so that people don't have to scramble around trying to get your attention. I understand that you probably are afraid of someone stealing the code but, trust me, nobody wants your code - Especially since it's broken, already.
07/15/2016 4:52 pm
Killawulf_Gaming
Recently I Redesigned the code for my leaf blocks to the same code as the Minecraft leaf code and also made a custom version of the Block Leaves Class But the problem is only four of the leaves have their own texture and I have a total of twenty leaves but in coding terms I have nineteen leaves since 1 is 0 and 20 is 19. If anyone could help it would be good and if you would like to look at the code let me now as soon as you can as I need help today.
07/14/2016 4:48 pm
Killawulf_Gaming
The trouble is no one has made a recent tutorial on trees
07/14/2016 4:41 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Cake
Jrcarp
I'd suggest posting you code in pastebin and linking it here. I'd also suggest trying to use mod tutorials for the most recent version mod tutorial because that tutorial is from 2 years ago and probably outdated. But good luck anyways I can't really help you since I don't have minecraft mod coding experience.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome