Physical bricks connect to Minecraft

gawen's Avatar gawen4/16/18 12:13 am
2 emeralds 185 4
4/17/2018 6:07 am
gawen's Avatar gawen
Hi everyone,

We have connected the Logitow bricks to Minecraft, we can provide the source code to everyone who wants to develop more gameplay of Logitow + Minecraft. If you are interested in our plan, please contact me.

This is a video we made:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Oy8SEvYds&t=2s
gawen
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/16/2018 12:52 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
So basically you managed to add bluetooth support into Minecraft. Which in itself is pretty interesting, but also something which isn't too hard to achieve through the Java runtime. I'm also pretty convinced that you didn't merely create a Minecraft mod but ran Minecraft in a prepared environment (read: made sure that the JRE provided bluetooth support).

This would be more interesting for me were it not for the fact that logitow is basically a (rather heavy) commercialized project which tries to sell us a game mechanic in which kids can build stuff using physical blocks (comparable to legos) and then import that using their smartphone. All using a closed standard obviously...

With all due respect, but all I'm seeing here is an advertising campaign.

It doesn't take away anything from the setup. But in all honesty there also isn't that much difference from a developer perspective between importing those virtual blocks into your own commercial app environment or within Minecraft.
04/17/2018 6:06 am
gawen
We want to create some gameplay let kids play Minecraft easily, and add some education elements during kids play the game. Just like Minecraft Edu edition. The hardware is a tool to teach kids in class.
04/16/2018 6:19 am
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
thats actually prety fancy
04/17/2018 6:07 amhistory
gawen
Thank you, would you want to join our plan?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome