Settings Saving / Backups v1

chezboi's Avatar chezboi3/28/19 2:04 pm
1 emeralds 462
Not a modification to the game, just a script I made (can't find any better place to put it on this website).For all the Java players out there - mainly PvPers, you may have noticed that switching between a new version and old version resets all your keybinds. This is especially annoying when you are a PvPer with many keybinds (mainly for hotkeying inventory slots), since you have to manually go through all your keybinds and set them again.

Well I made a simple script that stores a backup of your keybinds locally (and all your other settings, including shader, optifine, badlion client, and vanilla) as well as has a script to load them back into minecraft. Make sure to be in the correct version (1.8.9 or below) with your keybinds, and read the README file in the files (else the program won't work).

Note that this works for both Badlion Client and Vanilla. Any suggestions, questions, etc should be posted in the comment section or sent to me directly in Discord DMs (Zayden#5868). To access the backups of your settings, go to C:\mcSettings, and all 3 (or 4 if you use the badlion version) will be there.

Hope this helps!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3vlyoeozwtl8bfr/Setting_Backups_v1_%2528by_Zayden_%2529.zip/file

also if you know of a way for the "User" account to automatically be recognized and used, I'd love to know, since you have to manually type in your user for your pc into the script (made it so it used a variable instead of typing it into everything, for ease of access). Using VBScript if you couldn't tell.
chezboi
Level 1 : New Miner