Shaders will not work [please read]

TheKingaviMC's Avatar TheKingaviMC6/27/13 6:41 am
1 emeralds 6.9k 18
6/28/2013 1:13 pm
Strum355's Avatar Strum355
Hello, I just solved an issue with the launcher (unrelated) and now have run into another.
I really want to use shaders. I've seen demos and stuff. Vanilla minecraft (well it's modded with NEI, OptiFine and Better Sprinting) gives me 70-100FPS so I think I'm good. But the thing is, whenever I launch Minecraft I get a black screen. I've put in my backup bin so that's okay but I really want to use shaders. Can someone suggest a fix? I'm running OF as I said earlier, the version which (I believe) is the one which is recommended. I think it's forge, even though I downloaded the version of GLSL by Karyonix.

Please help, and thank you for your time.
-TheKingaviMC
TheKingaviMC
Level 14 : Journeyman Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/28/2013 6:30 am
TheKingaviMC
Hey all, I fixed it. I have no idea why it didn't work, maybe the download was corrupted because I used a different download and it worked here.
06/28/2013 1:13 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Strum355
Great to hear ^^
06/27/2013 5:57 pm
Level 47 : Master Dragonborn
Diddo
I have downloaded it (I have a mac too) it only works on like 1 thing though making the grass move besides that its terrible so I really need a solution.
06/27/2013 10:10 am
Level 29 : Expert Scribe
_DioM_
Use Magic Launcher.

Not only is that quicker, you'll be able to easily disable shaders by using the default launcher.
06/27/2013 5:29 pm
Strum355
We need to find the problem first. It must be some error and thats what we need to find out
06/27/2013 10:07 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
Slenderpy
Did you delete the entire file?
06/27/2013 9:08 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
Slenderpy
Delete anything that has Mojang at the beginning in the Meta Inf File.
06/27/2013 9:45 am
TheKingaviMC
Excuse me? How the balls is Optifine and stuff running if I haven't deleted META-INF? I'm not stupid.
06/27/2013 8:28 am
Strum355
TheKingaviMC
When you leave a black screen long enough it should turn blue with a white text field with the crash log in it. Else look for the most recent in the ./minecraft. Also, shaders dont work for me with forge so try doing it without forge, just a clean minecraft.jar

(dang, you can embed only 3 quotes within each other)
I'm a really impatient person and left it alone for about 5 minutes. Nothing happened. Anyways, this is my backup /minecraft (yes, I backed the whole dang thing up) and this has never crashed.
P.S. I see you're also a pro-linux like me!

Yay linux friend. Lol delete all the log files in the ./minecraft and then try again and see if it created a log file. Come back to me then
06/27/2013 8:23 am
TheKingaviMC
When you leave a black screen long enough it should turn blue with a white text field with the crash log in it. Else look for the most recent in the ./minecraft. Also, shaders dont work for me with forge so try doing it without forge, just a clean minecraft.jar

(dang, you can embed only 3 quotes within each other)
I'm a really impatient person and left it alone for about 5 minutes. Nothing happened. Anyways, this is my backup /minecraft (yes, I backed the whole dang thing up) and this has never crashed.
P.S. I see you're also a pro-linux like me!
06/27/2013 8:18 am
Strum355
TheKingaviMC
Strum355
TheKingaviMCHello, I just solved an issue with the launcher (unrelated) and now have run into another.
I really want to use shaders. I've seen demos and stuff. Vanilla minecraft (well it's modded with NEI, OptiFine and Better Sprinting) gives me 70-100FPS so I think I'm good. But the thing is, whenever I launch Minecraft I get a black screen. I've put in my backup bin so that's okay but I really want to use shaders. Can someone suggest a fix? I'm running OF as I said earlier, the version which (I believe) is the one which is recommended. I think it's forge, even though I downloaded the version of GLSL by Karyonix.

-TheKingaviMC

Follow the tutorials you see on youtube exactly with a clean minecraft.jar. Also a crash log would be useful

Hello. Can you tell me where the crash log will be on Mac? Thanks for your time.
Also-- I'm not really keen on a fresh jar because modding it to this point took more effort than it usually does-- especially while keeping it legit.

06/27/2013 8:13 am
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
mig_b
What are your mac specs? I have a mac too and I also get a black screen.
06/27/2013 8:21 am
TheKingaviMC
I've upgraded the processor so I get 3ghz and I have 4gb ram, 2.5 allocated to Minecraft. NVIDIA GeForce 9400M. Get about 50-80fps when on a server in Europe (HiveMC to be exact) and 65-100 on singleplayer.
06/27/2013 8:02 am
TheKingaviMC
Strum355
TheKingaviMCHello, I just solved an issue with the launcher (unrelated) and now have run into another.

-TheKingaviMC

Follow the tutorials you see on youtube exactly with a clean minecraft.jar. Also a crash log would be useful

Hello. Can you tell me where the crash log will be on Mac? Thanks for your time.
Also-- I'm not really keen on a fresh jar because modding it to this point took more effort than it usually does-- especially while keeping it legit.
06/27/2013 7:32 am
Level 42 : Master uwu
Woodstockk
delete meta-inf,
if you want a tut i used Keralis' one.
You're pc might not be able to handle it thus causing black screen though :\
06/27/2013 8:07 am
TheKingaviMC
I am using Forge's meta information. If I get rid of that NEI will not function.
My mac will definitely be able to handle it. I have a Windows computer with lower specs which runs it beautifully.
Also, I will not be using any magic launcher crap.
06/27/2013 8:06 am
TheKingaviMC
I am using Forge's meta information. If I get rid of that NEI will not function.
My mac will definitely be able to handle it. I have a Windows computer with lower specs which runs it beautifully.
Also, I will not be using any magic launcher crap.
06/27/2013 7:28 am
Strum355

-TheKingaviMC

Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome