Temporary alternative to World Edit?

Sir_Craftypants's Avatar Sir_Craftypants4/26/19 7:57 am history
4 emeralds 1.2k 11
5/12/2019 9:58 pm
Captain_JEK's Avatar Captain_JEK
Hi, I recently joined the Minecraft world and started out on 1.12.2 and stumbled across World Edit, but it wasn't at that time stable so I waited, I waited and I waited and I'm sure you get the idea. Well while waiting, 1.13 released and I accidently updated my worlds to 1.13 and after few days realised my booby, que the self bashing.

Now I'm having to wait for the Dev's to finish stabilising World Edit 1.12.2 before they even start on World Edit 1.13.2 doh, doh, doh, doh, doh.

So I went on a mission and stumbled across Schematica and Litematica but guess what? Litematica is stuck back in 1.7 and Schematica is yet to get to 1.12.2 so what do I do I ask myself?

Well it seems unless some fellow Miney Crafty pulls a rabbit out of their urrrrm shall we say hat and lets me in on their secrets. I'm going to have to just wait for a Schematic Mod for the time being.

BUT, on that note I've come across a cool little DATAPACK named BlingEdit that at least allows me to copy and paste in Minecraft. I'm aware BlingEdit's not such a secret to the Minecraft world but it's currently nowhere to be seen on Planet Minecraft so for any fellow crafters looking for a building aid, you cant go wrong with BlingEdit in 1.13.2, even has a few plugins. I'm still learning the basics but it seems pretty good.

I believe Sethbling is on PlanetMinecraft but unsure why he's not posted the Datapack on here yet.

Here's a link to his Youtube Video with links below for instructions and safe downloading.

I'm assuming this guy is the same Sethbling, just want to say many thanks to Sir for making the wait for WorldEdit that little bit less agonising.
Sir_Craftypants
Level 48 : Master Dinosaur

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/12/2019 5:29 pm
Level 87 : Elite Deity
Captain_JEK
You can use World Edit in 1.13.2 but only on servers. I solved this problem by setting up a local server running on my computer. Now, I can use World Edit on this server and since nobody else than me can join it's like a singleplayer world ^^
05/12/2019 5:47 pm
Sir_Craftypants
Yeah I'm currently working in creative mode on many projects, not ready to transfer to a server yet.
05/12/2019 5:50 pm
Captain_JEK
You can copy the world you are already working in to the server once set up and then you can continue working on the server with World Edit.
05/12/2019 8:11 pm
Sir_Craftypants
I Intend on creating a whole new world on a Server after I've finished the content in creative mode, once the content is complete then I can just concentrate on creating the Server world ready for said content.
05/12/2019 8:26 pm
Captain_JEK
Okay ^^
05/12/2019 8:48 pmhistory
Sir_Craftypants
When I say create a whole new world, I mean terraform a newly generated world and create biomes and landscape for each of my projects, if I transfer to a Server now with my existing world with my existing projects then I'm only going to have to create a second server once I've finished said projects as the world they're in at present is not to my liking and if I'm honest I've made a bit of a mess in a few places. Saves time me just generating a fresh one then terraforming it. Appreciate your suggestion though. Thanks.
05/12/2019 3:27 pmhistory
Level 73 : Legendary Modder
dreamCritting
SaveCancel
you don't need mods, just use structure blocks! /give <name> minecraft:structure_block ITS SO EZ
05/12/2019 5:43 pmhistory
Sir_Craftypants
I've tested Structure Blocks and while I agree it is easy, it's not as easy and as user friendly as Blingedit. makes it even easier and quicker with just a couple clicks.
04/26/2019 9:51 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Archer
jennider
take a look here --> https://www.reddit.com/r/BlingEdit/
its what you are looking for,... its smart to learn it bc it will forever be supported for everything above 1.13.
05/12/2019 5:46 pm
Sir_Craftypants
Yeah, it's the Datapack I was referring to in this thread, thanks for linking it though.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome