My Build of The Oasis of Ahm Shere (The Mummy Returns Movie)

JoeInOh's Avatar JoeInOh2/27/13 9:31 pm
1 emeralds 416 2
2/28/2013 6:45 am
JoeInOh's Avatar JoeInOh
This is my rendition of the Oasis of Ahm Shere found in the movie 'The Mummy Returns'. This project took a bit over 3 weeks to complete. The golden pyramid temple has some of the insides done the best I can. I watched the sections of the movie to gain better insight on the layout of the inside, but even the movie didn't help much. If someone has any ideas on how to add to the temple's insides while keeping it close to the feel of the movie, then I'm all ears.

The terrain is complete I am glad to say. I did the terrain using WorldPainter in conjunction with Minecraft's creative mode. I made sure that the jungle was thick enough for decent coverage, but not SO dense that you'd take forever walkin' your way around. I hope I struck the right balance for that.

I always wanted to do this build for some reason. I'm surprised no one else has done it yet. Like the PlanetMinecraft page says, there are a few secrets, jokes, and attention to detail that I hope pleases many.

Let me know what you think of my first build to be submitted to the Minecraft community.

The download to the map can be found at this link: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... y-returns/

I went ahead and bought a MediaFire account (the cheapest one mind you) so you all wouldn't have to suffer through wait times or ads.

Enjoy! Let me know what you all think.
JoeInOh
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner