10 Buildings/10 Stories

IceMcFrost's Avatar IceMcFrost7/29/13 1:23 pm
8/7/2013 10:21 pm
IceMcFrost's Avatar IceMcFrost
I've been posting projects for only one week and it seems that some people believe that my projects are not ambitious enough. I understand that a single building is not what is going to give me Diamonds but I felt that Planet Minecraft was designed to share with the community our work (As small as it is) and not an elitist community that only thrives on big projects but I guess I was kinda wrong ...

Anyway, i'm not here to complain or anything but instead to present an ongoing project that, I believe, will be more welcome than my previous projects.

This project is a serie called 10 Buildings/10 Stories. In this long-term project, I will take a single subject (Let's say Arenas for example) and construct 10 different models of that subject.

Each model will come with its own, in game book, containing the story of that building.

The main goal is to provide inspiration (Whether it is from the building itself or the story related to it) and th become known as both an architect and an author by the Minecraft Community.

So what do you think?
IceMcFrost
Level 20 : Expert Ranger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/07/2013 10:21 pm
IceMcFrost
I don't see myself as good but I surely hope my designs will inspire other crafters ... But thanks! I really appreciate the comment!
08/07/2013 9:06 pm
IceMcFrost
New Edition is up: Smithy ...

Download, Favorite, Subscribe and/or have fun!
08/07/2013 9:10 pm
Level 23 : Expert Crafter
Spookyhappyfun
Yes! I don't know how you're so good at coming up with so many different kinds of houses and buildings, but you're really great at it.
08/06/2013 2:38 pm
IceMcFrost
Thanks GG50 ... I'm half the way through 5 Smithy / 5 Stories ... Should see it appear on PMC by the end of the week.

And already brewing my next installment as well!
08/05/2013 1:43 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Toast
GG50
This is a very interested project and I am eager to see what else comes from you.
08/05/2013 1:29 pm
IceMcFrost
Thank you so very much! Next installment it will be 5 Smithy / 5 Stories!
08/03/2013 6:41 pm
IceMcFrost
Ok so finally it will be 5 Structures / 5 Stories for now ... Here is the first project:

08/05/2013 1:23 pm
Spookyhappyfun
Awesome work!
08/02/2013 4:39 pm
IceMcFrost
Thanks for the comment dkjjr I appreciate!
08/02/2013 4:36 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Narwhal
dkjjr
I think it's a great idea, and I love your current builds! But yeah, PMC isn't the best place for small builds. Most people here like either really HUGE builds or builds from really popular people.
08/02/2013 4:26 pm
IceMcFrost
Thank you for the comments Spookyhappyfun! This is really appreciated. I have to admit that i'm really not into HUGE structures. Not because I can't do them but only because it lacks realism (In my own opinion).

Thanks for the subscription! I really appreciate that as well! It feels good to see that my work is appreciated!

As for 10 Buildings/10 Stories ... I started to work on Alchemist Shop. For this kind of structure, I go for the Default 16 x 16 of Towny. I have to admit that I am currently stuck at 7 structures and having issues writing in the Minecraft Books as well. I wish they would be more user-friendly.

In 10 Buildings/10 Stories, I really let myself go. Some structures will be plain silly/weird as I get inspiration anyway I can.

I don't want to commit myself at publishing a complete list of what I intend to do but let's say that I am facing a colossal task, the list being quite long.

I know that I might even not be able to make 10 different building of the same type ... In that case, I might go for a 5 Structures / 5 Stories Project instead ... taking only the best of what I made and put them up on a single map.

Anyway, comments, suggestions and constructive criticism are welcomed!
08/01/2013 2:39 pm
Spookyhappyfun
Man, forget the haters. You've got some real solid builds here. You've also got yourself another subscriber.

These are exactly the kinds of buildings that I love to see. Builds that aren't too fancy but have some solid construction, look interesting, and are versatile enough that they can be easily adapted.

If you don't mind, I just might use some of your buildings (well, versions of them) in my world that I'm working on.

As for the 10 Buildings/10 Stories project, you've got my interested piqued. Do you have any subjects in mind yet? I'd love to see what you come up with!
07/30/2013 4:15 pm
IceMcFrost
I would have appreciated some comments regarding this project. Does that kind of project appeal to you?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome