How Do You Bring a Medieval City to Life?

deathcrest5's Avatar deathcrest52/5/17 1:49 pm
1 emeralds 381 3
2/9/2017 9:30 am
dr_Cheesecake's Avatar dr_Cheesecake
Hi PMC! So im currently working on a project for the server I moderate on and ive run into a sort of dead end.. The harbour, which is a medevial- early renaissance based build style.

THE PROBLEM

Its not yet finished (it was, but its gone through about 4 iterations of designs and building styles till it looks good), but yet part of he harbour-town thats finished looks dead, ive added some trees here and here and even some stalls where you can sell/buy stuff but alas to no avail...

So I've come to you trusty fellow on some advice you might have! What have you done to make it look more alive and realistic?
deathcrest5
Level 19 : Journeyman Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/09/2017 9:30 am
Level 32 : Artisan Cake
dr_Cheesecake
Stacks of chests and crates always work
02/09/2017 8:28 am
Level 46 : Master Baconator
BRASHEXODUS
deathcrest5Hi PMC! So im currently working on a project for the server I moderate on and ive run into a sort of dead end.. The harbour, which is a medevial- early renaissance based build style.

THE PROBLEM

Its not yet finished (it was, but its gone through about 4 iterations of designs and building styles till it looks good), but yet part of he harbour-town thats finished looks dead, ive added some trees here and here and even some stalls where you can sell/buy stuff but alas to no avail...

So I've come to you trusty fellow on some advice you might have! What have you done to make it look more alive and realistic?

what i done for my harbour was add lots and lots of detail. such as i added a bait and tackle shop that sells nets poles ect have a boat mending area close to the off shore aswell as many many many other things. if you need help just let me know c:
02/09/2017 8:10 am
Level 1 : New Miner
zerdy7
Add details that suggest it is populated and used, like cracked stone bricks and moss cobblestone
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome