forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Projects

Need advice from builders

2 emeralds5 replies123 views
created 11/07/2018 7:47 pm by JayShadyyy
last reply 11/17/2018 9:01 pm
OK, so I want to build a city in Minecraft. However im not sure if i should just make a world with a random seed and make one, if i should use super flat, but i use superflat i like to have the sea and rivers and docks. On ps4 where i used to play you could customize a super flat world which was great. Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks
Posted by avatar
JayShadyyy
Level 1 : New Miner

5 replies

11/17/2018 9:01 pm
Level 1 New Miner
Dexze
I allways fo with a random seed cause I get inspired by certain map generations to build something there, even if it mean flattening it out and rebuilding something that was there in my style.
11/08/2018 10:42 pm
Level 7 Apprentice Crafter
ProfessorOfK3ology
I find it easier to do Superflat and then edit the terrain once you have an idea of where the buildings are going to go. If you don't have access to WorldPainter or you use Bedrock Edition or something, then yeah I'd go with using a random seed and finding a good area
11/09/2018 2:02 am
Level 1 New Miner
JayShadyyy
appreicate it man, yeah i dont have world edit or anything rn, but im saving up for a new graphics card so then ill be able to
11/09/2018 9:11 pm
Level 7 Apprentice Crafter
ProfessorOfK3ology
Nice. Just remember it's easier to start building buildings and roads BEFORE you edit the terrain so nothing's in the way if you want to make something later. I've made this mistake a couple of times (even something as simple as clearing trees can be a pain) and it's quite frustrating
11/09/2018 2:28 am
Level 26 Expert Geek
PsychoticDaze_
I would suggest a randon seed if you want it to look very outlandish on the edge of the city otherwise you are still able to make custom flatwords in the world customization menu

Search

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2018
planetminecraft.com

Welcome