Riverhide Peak : The hidden civilisation (Alpha ready)

Blitzgrutel's Avatar Blitzgrutel3/24/13 6:59 am
5/29/2013 11:04 am
DeathTheKid888's Avatar DeathTheKid888
[EDIT 5: Video feed]
-----------------------------------------------------------
I am around 70% done in the construction of Riverhide Peak. The more I build new houses, the more the immersive feeling is taking place.

I've started to create the second dungeon : The ice temple dungeon. I never saw an underground dungeon using ice. It was easy to figure out why : light makes the ice melt. The only source of "manual light" is with redstone torches. So I found an interresting way to be able to have more light. But I'll let you find out by yourselves when you'll play the game..

[EDIT 4: I make the Alpha avaliable]
-----------------------------------------------------------------
This is a link to be able to download the Alpha version of the RPG to test it. It contains the introduction, an exploration part, and 1 dungeon. But the story still does'nt contain how to open the dungeon. If you try the game, you'll have to mp me after you found the Solar key in the story. There's one shop avaliable near the big port of the city to be tested.

If you ever get stuck, mp me and I'll give you some clues. Also, this will allow me to take notes and create clue books in the game.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nkjcf81ornh35ac
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all minecrafters,

This is the presentation about my upcoming game: Riverhide Peak : The hidden civilisation.

It will be a full non-linear RPG with 30 and more hours of gameplay, like a console RPG. So a full game within a game. I’m building it since late Beta. The entire game will be vanilla creative only made. No mods and no filters will be used to create it. The only things I use is Minutor, to figure out my underground redstone patterns and create the top map, and McMap to have it in isometric.

The game should be in final version before the end of the year, but I’ll need Beta testers before that.

It will have redstone shops and multiple changing non-linear conversations. The game is made in a way that you will encounter and learn each of the feature of the game along the story as new powers or habilities. It will have dungeons with puzzles, monsters and redstone bosses (probably 5 or more). I will carefully add each element to give the feeling of gradually inceasing levels and difficulty. Exactly like if Mojang had created Minecraft only for me to build this game.

I’m building the city with reproductions of real still existing medieval structures of the world, and I add little modifications of mine. I want to give an real medieval immersive feeling to the player through the game (as far as the Minecraftian limits allow it). The only fantasy structures will be outside the main city of the game. Here’s examples of well reproduced structures in the game:

The prison

The library

The cathedral

Here’s the first official presentation of the game:

(Alpha trailer)

You live in a small village named Desert Oak Town. Your father died recently. He was an anthropologist working at Riverhide Peak. No one really knows what happened to him. You returned at home and he was gone. The first thing you know is that he was found dead near a river. As the traditions of your village demands it, you have to do some offering ritual to say goodbye and let his spirit go to heaven.

But it will have tremendous side-effects. Quickly, you’ll be drawn in an adventure to find the artefacts of an extinct hidden civilisation, while uncovering an enormous plot to keep hidden the discovery. You will face huge traps to kill you, solving puzzle to acces hidden chambers, underground temples, finding lost religious places and villages, and gradually see all the story behind the death of your father.

What is this ancient civilisation?

What have they really discovered?

Why it is gone now?

Why it is so intricated with this city?

What’s this unknown group that tries to keep the discovery hidden?

And why your father has been killed for that?

Exploring, fighting, puzzle solving, plot, political control, lost magics, mega temples, uncovering of histoy, all these elements mixed and twisted in a non-linear RPG adventure. You’ll have to use every aspect or so of Minecraft and a good thinking to achieve this quest. Not every road is evident, not every people are good ones… who knows what lurks in this city…
Blitzgrutel
Level 40 : Master Engineer