Teach me to build?

Huntalicious's Avatar Huntalicious2/5/15 2:39 am
1 emeralds 318 9
2/5/2015 3:55 pm
Huntalicious's Avatar Huntalicious
Anyone willing to spend some time teaching me to build super nice? I am so-so but I want to be really good. Anyone fancy themselves an awesome builder and teacher? Well if so I would really appreciate some lessons.
Huntalicious
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/05/2015 3:55 pm
Huntalicious
That would be great, but I need to clarify that I know how to build small houses, I just want to know how to build nicer, more detailed houses.
02/05/2015 8:19 am
Level 29 : Expert Dragonborn
Marissa_Frost
im okay with small houses, made a few REALLY nice ones before.. i could teach you if you want.
02/05/2015 7:59 am
Huntalicious
I could absolutely do that. I currently have a server up and running would you like to add me on skype or should I pm you?
02/05/2015 5:58 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
I'm not great at small houses, but I can teach you a bit. If you could show me what your current builds look like, that would help a lot.
02/05/2015 4:40 am
Huntalicious
Well I'm more looking for learning to build houses for now. I would like to learn to build a better place to live in basic minecraft. I can build a niceish house but they always feel bland. One or two story houses with regular peaked roofs. And they usually are one room. I can make a cool shell but I lack interior. If anyone wants to teach me how to make small builds, that would rule.
02/05/2015 2:56 am
Level 34 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
Sev_the_tnt_maniac
Easier said than done.

A good start would be to get used to using programs such as mcedit, which has a lot of useful functions. If your going for custom terrain, worldedit is a must! Although MCedit can make spheres or ellipsoids, its a bit hard to use, so I build it in-game following the 'blueprints' on plotz http://www.plotz.co.uk/. There are useful mods such as schematica and voxelsniper out there as well.

Otherwise, it really depends on what you want to build. For example, you wouldn't build a spaceship or space station as you would build an organic build. Its all different.

However, a good thing to do is to get the angles right, because they can help increase the complexity of the structure. Using slabs and stairs can also make it look nicer.
02/05/2015 2:51 am
Level 27 : Expert Architect
ArzoCraft
02/05/2015 2:50 am
ArzoCraft
ArzoCraft buildteam could show you a few techniques here and there
02/05/2015 2:50 am
ArzoCraft
Hello there
Planet Minecraft