Which kind of maze is the most fun when playing an adventure map?

Wazy_Hemisphere's Avatar Wazy_Hemisphere8/24/17 9:06 pm
2 emeralds 131 2
8/25/2017 7:52 pm
Wazy_Hemisphere's Avatar Wazy_Hemisphere
So... I once played an adventure map; with mazes so complex it was actually frustrating.

So I figured out that for my own map, it has got to be balanced... Too simple and it will be boring, too complex and it will also be boring, in a different way.

I personally think 'not so simple maze' to 'moderately complex maze' is the best, but I'd like to know what PMCers think.
Wazy_Hemisphere
Level 7 : Apprentice Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/24/2017 10:04 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Personally, I find mazes are best when designed with character. If you're taking the wrong path, I'd grant a path that at least gives a little scenery to it as you go by. Only the simplest mazes I can stand with traditional 1x2 spaces - make it look decent with effort to it, and I'll run your wrong paths the full ten minutes >.>
08/25/2017 7:52 pmhistory
Level 7 : Apprentice Engineer
Wazy_Hemisphere
Well... I put treasure chests in a lot of the dead ends; so in a sense... the "true path" is actually the path you want to take the last because the players will actually want to explore the maze fully...

By the way, my mazes are not so complex. I assure you none of the mazes (for an ADVENTURE map at least) I make have branches that frustrating XD
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome