Do you remember your first "real" build?

chazinggir's Avatar chazinggir10/25/13 1:50 am
1 emeralds 1.5k 52
10/27/2013 2:24 pm
Dialga's Avatar Dialga
Do you remember that first build you made. I don't mean that cobble (or wood if you are classy) house you made on the first night, or that hole you dug that looked kinda cool in low light from an angle when you squinted, but the first thing you built that you could say you were happy with, and you thought was amazing. Describe it in as much detail as you see fit. :3

My first build like this was a creative mode build in beta 1.8.1. I did creative before survival to get a feel for the game and learn the blocks. I made a house that the walls changed each floor. There was a living room, bedroom (took me forever to learn to place a bed), greenroom, lava floor/wall room, giant pool with whirlpool problems underground. I also lit my carpet on fire making a nether portal. I eventually made cool tunnels out of gold, diamond, etc. to a underwater base, a cave base with cool ores in the wall, a flying base that was lime green and orange wool for my sister's favorite colors, and (best of all) a pokemon center.(the path to the center was underground too). This was actually a build that would be posted on PMC. Honestly, it was better than some things I tried building today. it was a poke firered/leafgreen center with a trading room and HUGE stadium underground. Not sure what happened to that world though..
chazinggir
Level 26 : Expert Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/27/2013 2:24 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
Dialga
well quite a bit ago, i made a pirate ship on a server, to be fair it was for a spawn area but it did look stunning, this was about Beta 1.6.6 when i made that so many memories
10/27/2013 2:22 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Kat-123
ahhhhhhhhh, so long ago now.
It was my 1st world and I had too many items on survival.
I built this massive gold palace with bedrooms and everything.
I even had a royal hound kennel.
It was like 7 floors.
Unfortunatly the MC on my comp [where the map was] crashed and I can never go on MC on my comp again, my 1st world was lost with it
10/27/2013 2:21 pm
Level 43 : Master Pixel Painter
ThatGenericPyro
[deleted post]
10/27/2013 2:19 pm
Level 21 : Expert Dragon
David Rain
I made a sky village. It covered the entire world. The actual ground was DARK
10/27/2013 2:16 pm
Level 30 : Artisan uwu
TCK
I built a house made entirely of TNT and accidentally let a Creeper in!
10/27/2013 2:12 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
warriorrocks
I built a whole house out of TNT.... I must have been making a trap, but I got comfy with it... till I made a trap in it with redstone, remembered it would blow up, panicked and (thankfully I was in creative, but my game crashed ) made a nuke crater in the side of the earth....
10/27/2013 2:02 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
EnderSlayer-89
i made a giant mob arena it did'nt turn out very well because the iron golems would'nt fit through the door.

i made a house of power with different beacons at least that turned out good.

i made a village of my own it looked cool.

my last build was a redstone light thingy when it gets dark the redstone power goes into my house this village i rigged with lamps and my man made village.
10/27/2013 12:55 pm
Level 20 : Expert Cake
Megablueblaze100
My favorite build that I've made would either be my transformers world or my survival world. Then I accidentally deleted my minecraft folder.
10/27/2013 1:50 pm
chazinggir
Most of us have gone through that D:
10/27/2013 12:46 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
NyonMC
My first thing I made was built last year when I started playing MC(I started in beginning 2012). I made a really good glass penthouse while villagers came a hid on the bottom floor which is basically nothing but a protection from all mobs I had a pet ender dragon(Mod) and a wolf which I fed daily.
10/25/2013 1:18 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Nerd
UnderscoreZeroLP
I built a giant castle from like 3 inventory full's of cobblestone. As you can probably tell I was addicted to mining.
10/25/2013 1:11 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Hunter
craigbalmer
mines was a pirate ship
10/25/2013 12:56 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Pokemon
Snowdrift128
10/25/2013 1:08 pm
chazinggir
I remember by first classic house was just a HUGE brick "thingy" with a backyard that led into a cave, which had cool underwater paths
10/25/2013 12:51 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Narwhal
Silver_Fern
I didn't really do creative when I first came on minecraft, but I built a mini Tudor-style house on survival, even tho it was small it took me ages...
10/25/2013 11:59 am
Level 30 : Artisan Dragonborn
SwooceRoDah
Ah, waaay back in beta... I was on my first server and had just ranked up from guest to citizen after making a log cabin. It was two stories with a rooftop garden and hedge surrounding it. Haha, so many memories about that old server... :')
10/25/2013 11:51 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Batman
Squirrel
10/25/2013 11:47 am
chazinggir
nricker12 I was super proud of it, until I tried to make a fire place...

The story of my life in one sentance
10/25/2013 11:14 am
Level 74 : Legendary uwu
TheOfficialNano
Ohhh i have a good one
This ship is EXTREMELY old, waaaay back in early indev*spring 2010* i made it, Since i couldnt get the new launcher to open the save file i had to import it into a newer version

http://i.imgur.com/br5KfI3.png
10/25/2013 11:03 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Architect
DustyDesigns
People would unsubcribe me if I posted my first build...
10/25/2013 9:42 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Taco
nricker12
My first build was back in beta 1.8, I made a house made out of wood on the top of a mountain with a roller-coaster going to the top, and going back down. I was super proud of it, until I tried to make a fire place...
10/25/2013 11:03 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Architect
DustyDesigns
Something what has happend like to almost everyone atleast once!
10/25/2013 9:20 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Modder
TheBigBuildSquad
My first build was in survival, and I made a house half out of wood a dirt, i called it beautiful
10/25/2013 9:10 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
OrangeWorks
I built a hut with a cactus in it, and my hut was wider on top, because I just kept building up.
10/25/2013 8:57 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Crafter
TwistedImage
My first build... Was a dirt house... It was quite comfy!!
10/25/2013 8:37 am
Level 23 : Expert Artist
SnowyKaida
My first built was a dirt barn for my animals in creative xD
10/25/2013 7:49 am
Level 39 : Artisan Unicorn
ElectricLlamaz
A HUGE tower, back when there was a 128 block height limit, made out of cobblestone, Then I covered it in torches! I called it tear-drop tower because the light from it looked like a tear.
10/25/2013 7:42 am
Level 1 : New Network
Zavus
I love this question, back when I was a noob in 1.3.1, It was the second world I made after creating thousands of iron golems, I was doing half survival half creative and I made a VERY nice log cabin, nothing special, but nice, then I blew that up and made a new one, this one had a LARGE living room to the left were some chairs and a door to the trophy room, which were display cases filled with saplings, flowers etc. But, the first real thing, that I still have the schematic memorized, is When I made my 4 story tower, in my first survival world. First room was empty, second room was storage/crafting. 3rd is where I kept the enchanting table. the fourth was my room, where I kept the valuable treasures, hung trophies on the wall, and could look out the windows for miles in my endless snow world, you know, the Christmas easter egg or something. I'm proud of that tower's design, I make it everytime I get on a server, usually at the end of the world if they have the plugin, once it was 6 story, it had a basement that was a farm, and below that was a dungeon I repurposed.
10/25/2013 7:39 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
CrazyHecticLife
My first was in the classic demo. It was a house made of stone and I thought it was amazing when I built it for some reason. My first build in the full version was a fort inside a huge mountain. It's got secret tunnels and caves and mines in the inside and on the outside it's got traps and a jungle surrounded by an ocean. There's also a tower with a library and a dock.
10/25/2013 7:27 am
Level 28 : Expert Geek
c165
My first build was in alpha on the minecraft demo. I made this massive network of paths and buildings that probably took me 20 hours. My first build when I had bought the game (and had absolutely no idea how to play it) was a big, dark dirt box that kept spawning monsters. Once I returned from my trip from Denmarc I hears about this tool called "INVedit" where you can add items into your game. Once I found that I made this amazing wooden house in the middle of the ocean. I still have the world but it's kn a hard drive and I can't access it. I need to open the hard drive externally.
10/25/2013 7:24 am
Level 26 : Expert Cake
eccsdee
My first build? I placed a dirt block.
10/25/2013 7:10 am
Level 42 : Master Batman
Patriots_Terran
lol my first build was like in 1.2, when proudly present a wooden house, surprisingly not dirt
10/25/2013 7:08 am
Level 32 : Artisan Dragon
Malaionus
....My first house in creative. I don't remember it that much. But my room's walls wer glowstone.
10/25/2013 6:57 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
robbie56
My first build was a simple dirt house -.-
My second and third also....
10/25/2013 6:46 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Dragon
samkee00
On my first map ever, I built a tower like X did on his map (sort of-ish) except I filled the bottom with water and flowers. I thought it was amazing and creative. Even though I know it wasn't now, it was still the first build like that.
10/25/2013 2:19 am
chazinggir
If anybody has screenshots, feel free to post them
10/25/2013 2:25 am
Cob_

I know it's not much but still, I'm happy with it!
10/25/2013 6:47 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Dragon
samkee00
Dang, some people aren't satisifed with their cobble towers. Not that that's not a good thing, in fact it probably is. I just built a cobble watchtower and was like DDD
10/25/2013 2:27 am
chazinggir
That quartz gathering must have been awful
10/25/2013 2:32 am
Cob_
It was, but then my friends help out a bit as well haha
10/25/2013 2:18 am
Cob_
The first real build that I'm actually proud of I did today...

I made a modern house at the bottom of a cliff surrounded by water on either side, with a small lake outside my front door that leads to a massive lake. I only spent around 2 hours building it, but I'm in survivor so I've been collecting all my materials for the past week for it... god that was painstaking.
10/25/2013 2:16 am
Level 24 : Expert Taco
PeachyG1rl
i made a giant mansion out of diamonds. i spent about 5 weeks on it.
10/25/2013 2:09 am
Level 28 : Expert Unicorn
ImJustAPineapple
The castle is stone brick, with netherbrick accents, and there are 2 guard towers. a lava moat and villagers in minecarts on the roof (guards) are included ^_^
The mansion is in a ravine, in a wall. it has quartz walls, emerald floors, hidden rooms behind paintings (like an XP farm, zen rooms, nether portal, end portal, and enchanting room), a club behind a tv (painting), and a pet room. and a mooshroom farm for infinite stew.

10/25/2013 2:08 am
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
my first build was a giant floating glass super complex..i spent so much tme on it..then the game file corrupted...it was the first and last big build i did without the use of creative mode/cheats (back in my days there was no creative mode)
10/25/2013 2:12 am
chazinggir
You just brought back a memory of this giant school I did for a friend and I worked forever on it, then I don't know what happened but the save messed up and every time I tried opening it I would see my hotbar from the last save I played (But I think that was a bug from the present minecraft version) then crash. I have a video of where I walked around the school, and looking back it wasn't that great but I was proud of it, and I still am
10/25/2013 2:05 am
Level 28 : Expert Unicorn
ImJustAPineapple
Mine was a castle (on XBox) that i still live in.
On PC, it was a mansion. There's a gallery of mobs too xD

10/25/2013 2:03 am
Level 28 : Expert Wolf Whisperer
i was like 11 PlsNoBully
My first real build was a beautiful house on a floating island, with giant bridges spanning the gap to other cliffs, making it look like it was anchored down. This was in survival and I was so proud of it.
10/25/2013 2:05 am
chazinggir
IMO Floating islands are the coolest things ever if done right, which sounds like you did just that my wolf brother
10/25/2013 5:15 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
RagingJaguarGaming
ahhh a wolf wait those are easy to eat
10/25/2013 2:01 am
Level 1 : New Miner
NinjaStash
Mine was a minigame that's right my first good build was a minigame. I think I still have it. It was on the xbox and you had bows and you shot each other to the death. It was a circle ( the roundest you could get) The wall were sandstone and the inside had tunnels leading all over. I made little buildings to hide in and a fort in the center. There was so many hiding spots and a couple of traps it was Amazing.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome