Best way to do custom crafting in 1.13?

HappyHippo77's Avatar HappyHippo779/26/18 1:02 pm history
1 emeralds 394 6
10/3/2018 3:30 pm
HappyHippo77's Avatar HappyHippo77
Yet again, I need help! I need to make custom crafting for my Naruto Data Pack but I don't have a very solid way to do so yet. Right now I'm using a dispenser with an armor stand beneath it testing for items in that dispenser but there are a few problems with this. First, I can't seem to test for nothing in the slots, which means you can have extra items in there and it will still craft. I also can't make it work with multiple items, but this isn't a MAJOR issue. I ask two things. One, is there a better way to do custom crafting? And two if not, is it possible to test for nothing in a dispenser slot using /execute if block?

P.S. I need to be able to modify the nbt of the resulting item, such as name, lore, unbreakable, damage, etc.
HappyHippo77
Level 45 : Master Ninja

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/27/2018 9:30 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
garlicbreathinator
There is a datapack library named Datapack Utilities that includes an NBT crafting API. It also has a bunch of other handy tools like villager-based click detection and RNG. It also has a system for custom durability on items with the Unbreakable:1b tag so you can make custom tools with durability.

Since it seems you're really into this and need more contact with the datapack community, I'd like to send you some links to datapack related discord servers. If you have a discord account, please send me a DM so I can set you up!
09/29/2018 6:24 pmhistory
HappyHippo77
Oh no way! That is awesome! Thank you so much!

EDIT: I do have discord, what is yours so I can dm?
09/26/2018 4:07 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Custom crafting is best done by adding custom recipes, and for that you'd need to set up a datapack. The links point to the Minecraft wiki which should give you a good overview.
09/26/2018 9:10 pm
HappyHippo77
Woops! I forgot to mention I need it to allow nbt data (Things like name, lore, unbreakable, and damage)! Fixing that now. Do custom recipes work with nbt data? I thought they didn't but I just want to verify.
10/03/2018 1:16 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Sorry for a late response. Correct. That bugs me too, no customized stuff.

Difficult question. I somewhat stopped bothering because there was tons of other stuff to explore and the rest got filled in with functions and such. I would probably skip the crafting itself and just rely on item amounts. Have players collect enough stuff, dump that into a magical chest (I dunno).. and wham.

Wait.. Naruto you say. hmm.. I'm not necessarily a fan but I do watch 10 vs. 1000 quite often because, oh dear.. that sound, that animation, hardly any filler (my main gripe with Naruto)... this here kicks total, uhm, I dunno :) (for non-Naruto fans: don't bother with the build up if you don't want to, skip to 1:10:00 and enjoy the ride. You will. If you're really impatient 1:13:00).

So your question isn't so much the best way to craft. But it should also be the best way to craft in the Naruto universe. Let me think about this and get back to you. I suppose we could use a magical chest (dump items in & replace 'm) but...

I'll get back about testing dispensers.
10/03/2018 3:30 pmhistory
HappyHippo77
I used the datapack suggested by garlicbreathinator, it works pretty well. Thanks for your help all the same! :D

EDIT: Also if you want to see Naruto I suggest either using a filler-less watching guide for Naruto or reading the manga, both options have their advantages and disadvantages.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome