Chunk Loader for the End Island

Hidiety's Avatar Hidiety5/6/18 6:40 pm
1 emeralds 862 1
5/7/2018 12:11 pm
Hidiety's Avatar Hidiety
Hi there, thanks for reading. I am in need of a chunk loader that works in the End. I just need to be able to run some command blocks located in the End Island. I assumed that the End had spawn chunks like the overworld does but that doesn't appear to be the case. I was looking some stuff up on google and youtube but couldn't find anything solid to use. I had a theory the constantly summoning and item in the overworld (about every few seconds) that would fall into an End Portal would do the trick. Obviously I would need to set the items age to be high enough that it would despawn as soon as the next item came into the End so I don't induce crazy lag. I would appreciate some advice on this if you are able to provide any. Thanks :)
Hidiety
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/07/2018 12:11 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Hidiety
OK, so I tried the item spawning theory and it was a bust. While it did manage to load the End, it only did so about every 25-30 seconds. If I understand correctly this is about the same as the servers auto save. This was not frequent enough to let the command blocks in the end do their thing properly. I was able to find a work around and discovered that you don't need command blocks in the End to affect players in the End :).

To elaborate a little further on what my problem was let me explain. I had made a /home system. It worked great if you were in the overworld, but after the End Portal was found and players began to roam the outer islands, we discovered the system didn't work for players in the end. Well the ones who weren't on the End Island anyways. I realized this meant the chunks were being unloaded. Now that I am able to target players in the End from the overworld spawn chunks the problem has been solved.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome