Colorrage - A Multiplayer Redstone Game - 1.3.2 No Mods!

Rimodo's Avatar Rimodo10/9/12 8:08 am
1 emeralds 161

LAST BETA TOURNAMENT 17th of October 21 GMT Check here for more information: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/colorrage---a-multiplayer-redstone-game/

This is a Trailer to the multiplayer Redstone game "Colorrage" i made some point before 1.3.1 and which requieres no modifications (besides turning fire spread of).

The goal of the game is to defeat the other player by either getting more points or simply killing him.

To achieve that you have to try to avoid having "colorloops" up on your side and use combos to distract and kill your enemy.
You can choose out of 3 very different classes, each round, which effects your gear and one of your combos, there are: Knight, Sorcerer, Ranger

Knight: Has good defenses and attack, his minions (Monster-Combo see below) are mediocre though.
Sorcerer: Nearly no defense, but he has magic wands and ranged minions.
Ranger: Weak defense but strong attacks and tricky, poisoning minions.

Also you can choose one offensive and one defensive ability per round.

Offensive: Strength, Speed, Teleportation
Defensive: Regeneration, Fire Resistence, Antidote

There are five combos for each player to perform to get an advantage, the most important one is spawning monsters depending from your class at your enemys plateau to damage him.
You can access combos through rage points which decay after usage of combos and fill up again after time.

The current combos in the game are:

1 Rage - Transfer : Transfer all Colorloops you put down directly to your enemy for 1s.
3 Rage - Splash : Lift up all Colorloops of your enemy.
5 Rage - Monster: Spawn two Monsters according to your class.
6 Rage - Protect: Be protected from Colorloops comming up for 4s.
9 Rage - Spawn Increase: Increase the Colorloop spawns of your enemy.

The Combos have a shared cooldown of 5s to prevent cheating.

If you can't kill your enemy you can still win through score and surviving: As long as your enemy has colorloops up you will gain points, so distract him as much as possible.
The game will speed up over time because half of the colorloops you press down will be transferred to your enemys side, also you can fasten the spawning of the enemys colorloops.

The map will be soon ready to be downloaded.
I will add gameplay footage in the near future.

If you like redstone inventions like that i have a few in my Youtube channel too and depending on how you like the game i will add more of my projects.

I'm open for further thoughts and critizizem and by the way no native english speaker so there will be probably mistakes around here. ;D
Rimodo
Level 29 : Expert Dragonborn