[Help] Entity you can Dig Trough

-TheGuy's Avatar -TheGuy11/29/14 12:04 pm
1 emeralds 1.7k 11
12/6/2014 2:50 pm
Steve_OH's Avatar Steve_OH
Hi

I'd need to know if there is any entity that, when put Invulnerable and Invisible, looses their hitboxes so we can dig through. I need that for the AI for my automatic Spleef.
It also need to be able to fall down.
Thank you !
-TheGuy
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/06/2014 2:50 pm
Level 40 : Master Engineer
Steve_OH
-TheGuyI knew that, I tried it, but that still takes a lot of the block surface. Somebody told me about Arrows, but I don't know if there is a way to make them unpickable

You could alternatively use 'testforblock' and set the objectives that way.

For example, if they mine the first block, set depth to 1 etc
12/06/2014 12:32 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
-TheGuy
I knew that, I tried it, but that still takes a lot of the block surface. Somebody told me about Arrows, but I don't know if there is a way to make them unpickable

Set the "pickup" or "player" tag to 0.
12/06/2014 10:26 am
-TheGuy
Steve_OH
-TheGuyExcuse me? You were not very clear.. So there's no way to do it with armor stand? Or is there? I didn't understand.
But if you say what I think you're saying, then can you verify what you said? Because I tried to create an invisible armor stand by command block ( Invisible:1b) but I couldn't dig the block just under it.. I could dig it ONLY at certain angles. So am I wrong? Maybe there's a gamerule I forgot to enable?

craftykids
-TheGuyExcuse me? You were not very clear.. So there's no way to do it with armor stand? Or is there? I didn't understand.
But if you say what I think you're saying, then can you verify what you said? Because I tried to create an invisible armor stand by command block ( Invisible:1b) but I couldn't dig the block just under it.. I could dig it ONLY at certain angles. So am I wrong? Maybe there's a gamerule I forgot to enable?

I think it's just that you can't actually mine through armor stands, even if they're invisible.

Sorry for the late reply, I recently discovered that there is a way to make them smaller! "Small:1b"

/summon ArmorStand ~ ~1 ~0.3 {Invisible:1b,Small:1b,NoBasePlate:1b,DisabledSlots:0,Pose:{Head:[178f,0f,0f]}}

That will make it small and invisible. By making it small it will fall as the block below it breaks, but be far enough away from the middle to allow the entire section almost to be broken without difficulty. I even added code there for it not to be able to hold any items so you can't accidentally give it armor or whatnot. Also, his baseplate is disabled, which gives a bit more room too

I knew that, I tried it, but that still takes a lot of the block surface. Somebody told me about Arrows, but I don't know if there is a way to make them unpickable
12/03/2014 7:42 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc792389
[deleted]
12/03/2014 6:14 pm
-TheGuy
Excuse me? You were not very clear.. So there's no way to do it with armor stand? Or is there? I didn't understand.
12/04/2014 9:29 pm
Steve_OH
craftykids

I think it's just that you can't actually mine through armor stands, even if they're invisible.

Sorry for the late reply, I recently discovered that there is a way to make them smaller! "Small:1b"

/summon ArmorStand ~ ~1 ~0.3 {Invisible:1b,Small:1b,NoBasePlate:1b,DisabledSlots:0,Pose:{Head:[178f,0f,0f]}}

That will make it small and invisible. By making it small it will fall as the block below it breaks, but be far enough away from the middle to allow the entire section almost to be broken without difficulty. I even added code there for it not to be able to hold any items so you can't accidentally give it armor or whatnot. Also, his baseplate is disabled, which gives a bit more room too

12/03/2014 6:59 pm
craftykids
12/01/2014 1:53 pm
Steve_OH
Armor stands are entities and when they are invisible the only way to interact is to place things on it. You can't break it though when it's invisible

If you spawn one without arms and make it invisible the only way you'll run into issues is if you try to dig with armor
11/29/2014 1:30 pm
craftykids
I can't think of anything like that.
11/29/2014 1:02 pm
-TheGuy
1. I hate mods.
2. It's not a server...
11/29/2014 12:47 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Taco
Duckgod