My First Redstone Computer

NoseJob for a Cowboy's Avatar NoseJob for a Cowboy10/5/12 11:12 pm
1 emeralds 641 3
10/14/2012 4:00 pm
Phrozenbit's Avatar Phrozenbit
This was the first redstone computer I ever built, which was about 2 months ago. This is also the first redstone computer ever created in MCXBLA, the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. It's 8-bit, has a very basic ALU with only addition and subtraction functions. 4 RAM locations, each with 8-bit registers. (1 byte of memory) An identical amount of ROM lines, for user input. The clock for the program counter runs at a smooth 455 mHz. (22 ticks) It has a simple redstone game attached as a peripheral device. It's a game of chance, similar to roulette, which utilizes a pseudo-random number generator. It does have a win detection feature, which could be attached to a dispenser or whatever you wanted.

Honestly, it's not all that great. I've came a long way since then and have a much better computer planned out. I'm going to start work on it as soon as 1.8.2 hits MCXBLA next week. It will be much easier with superflat and creative mode.

Either way, I thought some of you may still be interested in this. Here's a link if you want to check it out:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... -computer/
NoseJob for a Cowboy
Level 20 : Expert Cowboy

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/14/2012 4:00 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
Phrozenbit
On MCF, most of the "experts" are pretty stuck up and like to talk down to anyone that asks questions, or just flat out troll them.

I strongly agree with the fact that there is a lot of elitism going on at MCF, also most of the members there just keep to strict computer science practices to accomplish something that could also be accomplished using method's that would be dismissed as a "Hack" or "Illegitimate".

That's why I indeed also came to the conclusion that this community is nicer in the sense that it is more open. Although I feel the need to say that the community over at MCF are commonly more educated then a large group of members on PMC.

I have, in a way, seen how it should not be done, and try my best to help other members out by answering their questions, because asking questions is never and should never be considered stupid nor made fun of.

One member has asked me to become member of the RDF once, they were even willing to give me a free account ( because, at the time i did not have an account, and played MC using a hacked launcher ), but still i needed to enlist on their forums, ask nicely and present a project, even though i had several available for download on my profile page here. I thought that was kind of odd, THEY wanted me on their server, and I needed to do everything in my power to get on it. If i had such a foundation, and notice a significant person of interest, I would do anything within my power to get that person on the server. And I'm not fond of being in a group / clan / foundation / society anyway so I didn't really care either.
10/14/2012 12:52 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
Phrozenbit
I'm interested and have seen it. It's a good start

Seems there are only a handful of people on Planet Mincecraft that are interested in Redstone, let alone Redstone computers. I bet I can count those on two hands.

Well, The redstone computer thread got moved to 'Redstone', a nice moderator took care of that. I saw this thread and replied

Looking forward to your new Computer design
10/14/2012 3:31 pm
Level 20 : Expert Cowboy
NoseJob for a Cowboy
I noticed that.

Computer science is already a limited subject of interest compared to others. Combine that with an interest in redstone mechanics and you have a very small demographic. There are definitely more computer engineers on MCF, but I like the community better here. On MCF, most of the "experts" are pretty stuck up and like to talk down to anyone that asks questions, or just flat out troll them. The RDF is a pretty cool place, but their forum isn't very inactive. Most of the well-known players are too busy building on the RDF server.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome