Minecraft minigame feedback

Imadbush's Avatar Imadbush6/9/13 4:22 am
1 emeralds 1.1k 9
6/23/2013 4:49 pm
Imadbush's Avatar Imadbush
Can i have feedback on my first Minecraft mini game. It is called Zombies & levers . The aim is to flick the right lever on each wall to open the door. You will know if you flicked an incorrect levers because it will spawn zombies until you un-flick the lever. Simple (or is it?).There is a enchantment table and shop. More info in-game. Any feedback at all welcome. Thanks in advance. Imad_bush
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... mp-levers/
Imadbush
Level 20 : Expert Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/23/2013 5:48 am
Level 25 : Expert Engineer
LiquidChildren1
Alright, I'll critique it. I have not downloaded it, so I am only going off what I see and have read. It seems like there are only two things to do here, activate lever and fight zombie. Seems a little lacking.

The penalty should be steeper and more interesting than spawning a zombie. Like, use a command block with the nausea effect on the player, spice things up. It will be more challenging to fight a zombie with the warbling view.

There isn't really a goal either. I mean yes, getting thru the door is your task, but what then? Is that all that they have to motivate them, the satisfaction of completion? And there's no replay value, since I'm assuming once you know which lever it is, the game becomes too easy.

The arena is simply flat and short, nothing stands out. Take off the ceiling, cause its too low and it makes the room look small, and add some obstacles in there.

Maybe add more rooms after the door, with more levers in that room. Maybe have rooms with different inputs, like instead of levers in room two, its buttons. And instead of levers in room four, you have to activate the door by getting a zombie to fall into the right hole to hit a pressure plate. And maybe in the last room, a lever that activates a hidden thing all the way back inside the first room.
06/23/2013 1:53 pm
Imadbush
Ok thank you.
But in any game the reward is always satisfaction of completing it.
The nausa is a good idea aand so is obstacles.
I will make many maps each with different levers to flick so you can play it multiple times.
I will not make it longer though. It is meant to be a quick miningame that takes about 15 minutes.
06/23/2013 4:34 pm
Level 25 : Expert Engineer
LiquidChildren1
There's nothing wrong with satisfaction of completion. And if you want your game to be a quick game, then make it a quick game by all means.

Keep up the good work. It's nice to see people making minigames again.
06/23/2013 4:49 pm
Imadbush
Thank you
06/23/2013 4:26 am
Level 24 : Expert Taco
Jaxtrm_
I can't really think of anything, sorry! But think of why they want to accomplish this.
06/23/2013 3:55 am
Imadbush
Does anybody wanna give me feedback?
06/14/2013 10:21 am
Imadbush
Bump
06/13/2013 2:10 pm
Imadbush
Not insulted but how may ask can i improve it?
06/12/2013 7:29 am
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
MadOliveGaming
Not to insult you but you might wanna add in some stuff to make it more fun, cuz the goal of the game (flicking levers) is somewhat boring. Especially since all the game does when you do it wrong is spawning zombies
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome