I need some help with command block coding please

AetherMaster's Avatar AetherMaster8/4/13 1:31 am
1 emeralds 348 3
8/4/2013 3:18 pm
AetherMaster's Avatar AetherMaster
i want to make a gravity scroll like the one sethbling made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT7UZZ7unj0
its very cool and i know someone gets all that coding in those command blocks
but i don't and i want to make a gravity map so if someone could please help me and give me a tutorial that would be awesome
AetherMaster
Level 44 : Master Demolitionist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/04/2013 3:18 pm
Level 44 : Master Demolitionist
AetherMaster
thanks for this guys your tutorial helped alot
08/04/2013 9:43 am
Level 23 : Expert Cake
Spellguard
To toggle between areas with the map, he used
/clear @p[xyzr-numbers] 358
run on a rapid clock.

358 is the block ID for a filled-in map. Once that command block activates, it provides a comparator output and teleports the player to the flipped copy of the map. The comparator output also triggers /give @p 395

395 is the ID for an empty map.

I think in his video Seth had a T-flip flop. That would toggle between which command blocks were active; there were two rows of command blocks for each area. When any command block triggers, it would toggle so that the other row of command blocks had to be activated.

I don't know how good that was of an explanation. Oh well. Play around and see if you can get it.
08/04/2013 4:37 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer
atomick86
The way he did it was be using a command block that teleports the player to an identical flipped map, by using a trigger, which runs the command for example: /tp @p ~5 ~ ~5, so that will teleport you +5 blocks in both the x and z coordinates.

Hoped this helped, if you need any more help, just say something on this post to summon me.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome