/playsound Hearing Question

MathiusXII is on PMC's Avatar MathiusXII is on PMC7/14/14 12:06 pm
1 emeralds 517 3
7/18/2014 8:47 am
MathiusXII is on PMC's Avatar MathiusXII is on PMC
I have a question...

Is it possible to make the playsound command not assign a location in the world to the sound that a plays?

Example: How the music plays.
It doesn't get softer the farther you are away from the source...
It just plays through the speakers.

If there is any way to make the playsound command just play it through the speakers, PLEASE comment and explain how to do it.

It would be a HUGE help with an ambience system that I am making for my adventure map.

Thanks.
MathiusXII is on PMC
Level 7 : Apprentice Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/18/2014 8:47 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Engineer
MathiusXII is on PMC
Exactly.
And I am using abnormally long sounds so if you walk around at all, the sound stops.

I tried to counter this by having a command block play the sound in the center of every chunk, but even that doesn't seem to work properly. It probably doesn't play it right because "I'm to far away to hear the sound."
07/14/2014 2:03 pm
Level 20 : Expert Engineer
TheRedSkorpion
Hey Mathius,
In the syntax of the command,
playsound <sound> <player> [x] [y] [z] [volume] [pitch] [minimumVolume]
found on this wiki
I think that you can put the x,y and z to "~" wich means that the sound will always be played on the player. I suppose it will always play the max volume in that case. (Check the wiki, it explains it way better than me )
07/15/2014 4:15 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer
Skylinerw
Unfortunately this is incorrect. It will instead set the location of the sound to the players position at the time of activation. If the player moves, the sound will not move with them. Due to the limitations of this command, there is no way to accomplish this, short of using a resource pack to chop up a sound and using a clock mechanism in-game to play each segment at the players' location.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome