Sticky Piston's Not Sticking To Blocks

Volans's Avatar Volans1/26/16 6:20 pm
1 emeralds 3.7k 4
1/27/2016 6:39 pm
Volans's Avatar Volans
I am having this issue where Sticky Pistons will not allow blocks to stick to them, they will simply stay in their original position. I have this door design, as you can see below, where if anyone were to step on the pressure plate, the door would open, presumably leading them down a previously hidden passage. The example works fine, the wool, used as the door, stays stuck to the two lone sticky pistons. However, I have a more complicated version, same design and concept though, where instead of a pressure plate, there's a command block that tests for me within a certain range of a specific coordinate, and if it finds me, the door opens. The door is closed at all times until I stand within the test range, but when I step into the range, the pistons move, but the door (also white wool) stays in the same position/location as it was when the door was closed (see pictures below.

Can someone please explain to me why the door works in the example, yet not on the main, command block, door? Thank you.

Volans
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/27/2016 6:26 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Meme
Allergy_Man
The piston on the left is too close.
You didn't copy it good.
01/27/2016 6:39 pm
Volans
That is not the problem, I figured out what the problem was though, but thank you.
01/26/2016 6:55 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
Are you sure you used sticky pistons? Usually sticky pistons, no matter what texture pack has slime or something sticky looking on them... and i only see a normal piston

Also, sticky pistons release if it has a double tick signal sent to it (whatever thats called)
01/27/2016 6:01 pm
Volans
Conquest must be a weird texture pack, because those are sticky pistons.

The repeater does have a double tick on it, but even if I change it to single tick, triple tick, or the final tick, it still releases it.

Here's a picture without a texture pack.

It won't even stick if I put a switch to activate it instead of the test for command block.

EDIT: After I gutted the entire door mechanism, and replaced the wiring and replaced the stone bricks the redstone stuff was on with white wool, all of a sudden the sticky pistons started sticking again, but after reconnecting it to the test for command block, even replacing that with white wool, the door won't work.

(2) EDIT: I solved the problem. If you can see in the last picture I posted above, the redstone wire above the lever cannot be there. It causes the sticky piston to fail, and not stick. I moved the circuit reverser one block forward and the problem was solved. It didn't have anything to do with stone bricks or anything.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome