Downconverting from Resource to Texture Pack for 1.5.2

TheNH813's Avatar TheNH8132/12/15 2:06 am
1 emeralds 175
So, I have this "interesting" question regarding textures. As the title says, I want to take the textures out of a resource pack for 1.5.2. Yeah, I know I could use a newer version, but for this setup of mods I use a 1.5.2 profile. It gets WAAAAAAY better performance. 1.7/1.8 work great only with a few mods or for vanilla, but the older version handles a load of mods better. It still flies with over 70 mods, of which 50 or so belong to Pam's Harvestcraft. I don't want help finding alternative mods or anything like that, or migrating versions, I just want to use the older version.

I was told this was absolutely possible on the Minecraft IRC. I guess it's only a matter of really learning about the formats. Can someone point me to VERY SPECIFIC documentation on the Texture and Resource pack formats? I would like to know what files I have to copy out, move out and/or rename to use the latest version of Dokucraft on 1.5.2. I do not mind reading pages of instructions and documentation, I want to learn this anyway for making my own 1.8 and 1.5.2 packs, like really extensive ones covering all the mods I like.

When I get a better PC, this may be irrellevant, but I still would like to know anyways. Thanks for taking the time to read my question, even if you don't help me. I will figure how Texture Ender works, so I can learn the reverse if necessary. But, that's the REALLY LONG route and I would liek to avoid it if possible.

Thanks,
~TheNH813
TheNH813
Level 1 : New Miner