Help: My custom textures in my custom resource pack won't show

Lockexi's Avatar Lockexi5/26/19 2:37 pm
1 emeralds 234 2
5/28/2019 12:13 pm
Lockexi's Avatar Lockexi
Did they change it? I keep trying to change my sword textures. I thought it was still like, sword_iron but it was really, iron_sword now. Then the custom texture in my custom resource pack worked.

But then I tried adding custom books to the resource pack, which I also mis-named and has to re-name, and now the swords have gone back to vanilla MC swords.

I even tried copying a pack.mcmeta from an up-to-date resource pack into mine, and that didn't work.

What's going on?
Lockexi
Level 25 : Expert Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/27/2019 7:17 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Artist
oakar258
I'm recommending to really carefully check the file structure in your resourcepack - for example if folders have correct names

Compare all folder and files names with version.jar you're doing RP for.
05/28/2019 12:13 pmhistory
Level 25 : Expert Architect
Lockexi
My diamond hoe texture has the same spelling and image format (png) as the one in the minecraft version jar for Optifine. The only difference is that mine in my pack is larger in data for some reason, despite being 16x16.

Same thing when checking the vanilla jar.

It's so weird. The book item textures and the fishing rod item texture work, but not the tools and weapons.

Solution: Ah...Ah, okay. For whatever reason, one of the resource packs I had installed was overwriting/overriding/whatever my textures, even though my pack was set to a higher priority.

And of course it was the GearPlus+ pack that was causing it. Thanks for your help!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome