Help with terrain.png?

lizzzard011's Avatar lizzzard0118/24/14 8:38 pm
1 emeralds 2.2k 12
8/27/2014 6:42 pm
lizzzard011's Avatar lizzzard011
I used a texture pack customizer (for John Smith Legacy specifically) and it gave me an items.png and a terrain.png, which I know aren't used anymore. I was wondering if someone could convert these to be used in the current resource pack setup, or at least help me figure out how. I really want to use these and unzippers only work backwards.
Thanks!

EDIT: I did try to use Dinnerbone's Unzipper, but it seems to only work for texture packs as a .zip, and I only have two .pngs. If there's a way to fix that, that'd be awesome as well.
lizzzard011
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/26/2014 10:56 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Dragon
ShadowDestroyer5
You could try the Unstitcher or Texture Ender thing on the resource pack page on the wiki. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Resource_pack
08/26/2014 5:56 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Artist
SrZambie
If you download the windows version of MCPatcher you will need admins right for some strange reason. But if you download the jar file you shouldn't need admins rights and will work fine.
08/26/2014 8:20 pm
lizzzard011
So that worked, but I'm still missing the GUI stuff and some other textures like chests, mobs, and acacia wood (basically everything that wasn't on the terrain.png and items.png). Do I need to move those in manually? None of the items transferred as well.
08/26/2014 9:24 pm
SrZambie
You should use the 1.7.10 assets folder of the resource pack and replace it with the converted one if it saying it's going to replace some files then click on don't move. If it's going to replace folders it shouldn't matter if you replace or not, it should place all of the missing textures that the converted resource pack doesn't have. As for the items.png it might be in the wrong directory if I recall it needs to be in gui in the non-converted texture pack
08/27/2014 6:42 pm
lizzzard011
I don't see any assets folder, do I need to make it? This is what i see when I open it:
08/26/2014 5:10 pm
lizzzard011
I'll leave the links to the texture pack I'm using and attach the terrain.png and items.png in case anyone would like to try it themselves because I may be borking this beyond belief.

I'm using John Smith Legacy 1.7.10
https://www.johnsmithlegacy.co.uk/

Terrain.png
Click to reveal

Items.png
Click to reveal
08/26/2014 4:57 pm
SrZambie
If you want to convert a texture pack download MCPatcher and use its texture pack converter. Since it's using a terrain.png convert it to 1.5 first, then convert it to 1.6. It will save a whole lot of time moving files from one folder to another and.
08/26/2014 5:02 pm
lizzzard011
I can't install mcpatcher because of the lack of admin rights on the pc. Also, I noticed that when i switched the items.png and terrain.png to the old texture pack to convert it, once it converted none of the items or block textures changed in the actual files. Confusing.

Correction* Some textures such as the stone changed, but none of the other blocks like ores, woods, etc. No items changed either.
08/26/2014 9:14 am
Level 43 : Master Pixel Painter
BenJB99
Try mimmicking the old file structure of a texture pack before converting, I can't really remember how it went, you could always get an old texture pack, replace the terrain and items, then convert that.
08/26/2014 4:48 pm
lizzzard011
I did that and it seemed to work, but only for some of the textures. I think it might be because the armors and ore blocks aren't in the /textures/blocks or items folder, so I'll try moving all of those around and see if it works.

edit: Didn't seem to find any textures in other places that were replaced.
08/24/2014 8:44 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
bmanrules
You can use an image editor, or just zip up the png files as if they were a texture pack and use the unzipper
08/25/2014 5:37 pm
lizzzard011
That just gave me back the terrain.png and items.png, did i do something wrong?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome