How does Creative-Node add blocks via Connected Textures?

ForgedHawk's Avatar ForgedHawk3/27/13 2:59 pm
1 emeralds 2.3k 8
3/27/2013 10:17 pm
samohtj's Avatar samohtj
If you go in their website ( url]creative-node.com/#!/texture-pack/[/url] ) d look at the texture pack, they say they add 3x the blocks with connected textures. How the heck do they do that? I thought connected textures just conjoined to blocks when they were next to each other if enabled on that block.
ForgedHawk
Level 23 : Expert Narwhal

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/27/2013 9:19 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pegasus
DasDuriel
yes the whole system is block id then data value
look at block 98 is has 4 additional data values for normal mossy cracked chiseled

all blocks have those and thats what ctm "does" it unlocks those unused values and makes it possible for them to be placed in the world
03/27/2013 10:17 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
samohtj
Not exactly. What CTM does is is decides what texture to apply to a block based on where it is placed, what blocks are near it, and if the texture pack author has done anything special to it. It doesn't add blocks to the game, and it doesn't make unobtainable blocks obtainable. The metadata values are there to specify what block the CTM should be applied to. For example, wood has a metadata value for each type of wood. You need the metadata to specify which type of wooden planks you want to apply CTM to.
03/27/2013 7:55 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Toast
Unnatural
Lol wow, I actually worked on the creative node pack, and we use a feature called CTM, or connected textures mod, its a feature of opitifine, it lets you replace the texture of an item in other unused ID's such as: 98:6 is unused so we could add a CTM texture there. CTM uses it own Terrain.png like system to pick out textures and apply them based on the coding of the CTM files relating to the blocks sides.

It's really hard to explain how to right CTM, so I won't here.

-Apple
03/27/2013 9:11 pm
ForgedHawk
So, you add textures to unused blocks? And with that being said, there's that many unused blocks
03/27/2013 7:52 pm
ForgedHawk
DasDuriel
ForgedHawk I thought connected textures just conjoined to blocks when they were next to each other if enabled on that block.

yes but the way ctm works is not limited to connect blocks
you can instead of adding the connecting textures add new textures

Right, sorry I understand that. How is it that they get more blocks that are in the game though? I don't understand how that's possible.
03/27/2013 3:12 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Engineer
bombgun24
DasDuriel
ForgedHawk I thought connected textures just conjoined to blocks when they were next to each other if enabled on that block.

no because the 3x the block would cause 3x lag more than usuel
03/27/2013 3:07 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Batman
taterman88
03/27/2013 3:06 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pegasus
DasDuriel

Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome