New Realistic pack idea WIP

Noctris's Avatar Noctris10/29/15 10:01 am
11/6/2015 12:44 pm
Noctris's Avatar Noctris
So i decided to give it a try after all.

So yeah, the project got taken off, apparently you cant post your project if its not finished....

Way to go PMC!
Noctris
Level 51 : Grandmaster Necromancer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/04/2015 7:45 pm
Noctris
11/05/2015 1:29 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
it got deleted?
11/06/2015 12:44 pm
Noctris
Yeah... But i got a webpage setup for it.. Got the Skies module available for download!

https://d-hive.net/equinox-unleashed/
10/29/2015 1:58 pm
Noctris
XYZDimensionsMhm, tiles well, I also recommend adding in connected texture for varied blocks, would look nice if you can pull it off.

I never done CMT to be honest, I'm guessing its not that hard, but will have to look into it, a Realism pack could definitely use some variety. Thanks for the tip
10/29/2015 1:56 pm
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Auradyme
Mhm, tiles well, I also recommend adding in connected textures for varied blocks, would look nice if you can pull it off.
10/29/2015 1:50 pm
Level 1 : New Network
DeadAccount101
Looks great, I think there is a need for it, as you say, the current realism packs aren't updated in many circumstances and it would be good to get one with all the blocks.
10/29/2015 1:53 pm
Noctris
Well one can only start. The problem is, making hi res textures like this one, takes time, so I don't know how much time the pack would take to finish up. That's why I'm worried, to start it and then people lose interest in time and I end up wasting my time xD

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I enjoy drawing and making textures, I am sending my portfolio to people hoping to get a job somewhere where they need an artist, so texture packs are my hobby but they do take alloooooooooooooth of time to finish 100%
10/29/2015 2:13 pm
Level 1 : New Network
DeadAccount101
I know what you mean! I've recently started one, they take up so much time! But I recommend you going ahead with it to be honest. It's something that is needed. If you'd like we might be able to work on something together? Just a suggestion.

I don't like many of the realism packs on the internet as of now, that is why I have decided to make my own, it would also be cool to see what else other people can come up with, it's time for a change.
10/29/2015 2:23 pm
Noctris
The possibilities of texture packs are limitless. Thats why I like making them well i made 1 so far, this will be my 2nd try at something big like that. As for the working together part Would be nice to see people actually working together, however i work at veeeeeeeery strange hours since my job is taking most of my time sadly =/. I am trying to revive the Texture Pack Union at the moment, but I can't seem to get people interested in it... I don't know why. Anyway to not get off topic, I would be more then happy to help you if you require any assistance with your pack, and I'm sure that you would help me also check out my profile, I have skype added there, feel free to add me, one of us might need some help or ideas, its always nice to have some one to ask and turn to
10/29/2015 1:16 pm
Noctris
Added a sample image, so people know what kind of photo realism I'm thinking about.
10/29/2015 1:25 pm
Auradyme
Looks nice, does it tile properly?
10/29/2015 1:47 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
Downloaded it and stuck in it some test pack i whipped up.. seems like it does tile fine

10/29/2015 1:56 pm
Noctris
Thanks for the in game test I can't test it now considering I don't have access to MC atm. Much appreciated
10/29/2015 1:40 pm
Noctris
Tiles perfectly here is a 2048 x 2048 tile example

10/29/2015 10:06 am
Auradyme
Make a few textures and see how people respond to it?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome