Patching Texture Packs?

FlamingDerp's Avatar FlamingDerp12/22/13 12:01 pm
1 emeralds 188 3
12/23/2013 8:10 pm
Glorifico's Avatar Glorifico
Hello! I make custom texture packs with an app for the Iphone, but I have no clue how to patch them. I made this really cool texture pack and posted it on PMC, but it got taken down because I didn't have any pictures of it. I couldn't have any pictures of it due to me not knowing how to get texture packs in game. So could one of you guys PLEASE do me a HUGE favor by downloading the texture pack, take a few screen shots of it and email it to me, OR could somebody please teach me how to patch it, or just run it?
FlamingDerp
Level 2 : Apprentice Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/23/2013 8:10 pm
Level 46 : Master Pixel Painter
Glorifico
Resource packs are the new texture pack/mod format. To make a texture pack with the new resource system:
In your .minecraft folder there is a folder called "versions" and in it are the folders containing the .jars for the versions you've played on. Open the 1.7.2 (or 1.7.4) one then the 1.7.2.jar (or 1.7.4.jar) file in there. The very top folder is called "assets" and that is where all the texture files are. You're going to want to extract that folder from the .jar and copy the folder and all that is inside it to whatever folder you're going to make your texture pack in. Open the assets folder, and the minecraft folder in it. You will see 5 other folders. The font, lang, and shaders folders are not necessary unless you want to change the names of items and including them is not the best idea, and makes the final texture pack a large file that takes a while to download. Feel free to go wild with all the stuff in the "textures" folder when making your pack, though! Once you're satisfied with the textures, navigate back to the folder you put the "assets" folder in, and add a text file. Put this in it:

{
"pack": {
"pack_format": 1,
"description": "What you put here will show in-game in the texture selection menue"
}
}

and save it as pack.mcmeta then make a 128x128 (or whatever resolution you want, but default is 128x) pack.png file which will show up in the texture selection menu in game. Compress the assets folder, the pack.png, and the pack.mcmeta into a zip folder and TA-DAH!!! 1.7.2 (or 1.7.4) texture pack away!
12/22/2013 12:45 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=installing+minecraft+resource+packs

Also, where are we supposed to download it from?
12/23/2013 10:29 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Warrior
FlamingDerp
Thanks for the help, but I still don't know how to work TEXTURE PACKS. If you could teach me that, that would be great!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome