Texture pack maker

PengoPenguinRocks's Avatar PengoPenguinRocks11/7/13 1:40 pm
1 emeralds 3.7k 4
11/7/2013 4:45 pm
Glorifico's Avatar Glorifico
I plan to make a texture pack called "The Lonely Samurai." A Medieval Japanese themed texture pack. I have been using nova but I don't like how it works. So tell me what you use please.
PengoPenguinRocks
Level 24 : Expert Ninja

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/07/2013 4:45 pm
Level 46 : Master Pixel Painter
Glorifico
It depends on what kind of texture pack you're making. Are you making an hd/realistic pack? Use photoshop/gimp. Are you making a 16x or 32x pack? Definitely use gimp, or photoshop if you know how to use it well. If you're making a texture pack that uses a color palette though, paint.net is the way to go. For me I mainly use gimp because I've found that photoshop is just a bit too unwieldy for normal resolution packs, and gimp has more and easily applied filters and color adjustment options. On my newest project though, I'm using a color palette, which paint.net makes far easier to create, as gimp doesn't allow you to easily and accurately adjust color values to the extent needed for palettes. I hope this helped!
11/07/2013 2:04 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Artist
ChrisL
I use Photoshop, though GIMP is also good. I'm not a big fan of paint.net, but it's better than nova.
11/07/2013 2:15 pm
Level 24 : Expert Ninja
PengoPenguinRocks
Okay thanks a bunch
11/07/2013 1:46 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
Reacted And Crafted
PengoPenguinRocksI plan to make a texture pack called "The Lonely Samurai." A Medieval Japanese themed texture pack. I have been using nova but I don't like how it works. So tell me what you use please.

when I make textures, I do it by hand with Paint.NET
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome