Texture pack with nice carpet?

Mouser3's Avatar Mouser37/21/15 4:17 am
1 emeralds 2.5k 9
7/23/2015 2:14 pm
Ivain's Avatar Ivain
I've seen some videos on Youtube of people using Conquest and their carpet is a lot different that the one I have. The ones I've seen look more like some animal skin rug or something and all I have are the boring little squares of carpet. So why is the carpet I have using Conquest different than theirs? Or is there some pack that has similar looking carpet? Something that looks more like a rug or medieval style something or another would be great. Thanks
Mouser3
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/23/2015 2:14 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
ah yes, the 1.8 version of conquest doesnt have that, THANKS TO BLOODY MOJANG REMOVING BLOODY METADATA (sorry, that still upsets me on a daily basis).
If minecraft 2.0 doesnt have Metadata or some alternative returned, im gonna make a call on the community to make server plugins to fix it.
07/22/2015 3:44 pm
Level 27 : Expert Cake
Dirt Blocks
Glad you found your solution
07/22/2015 3:08 pm
Mouser3
Ah it was just a different version of Conquest. Apparently 1.8 doesn't have the nice looking carpets. Thanks guys!
07/22/2015 7:28 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Snowyfox
Mouser3
Click to reveal
I'm using Conquest and Optifine with connected textures and all that good stuff it's just that the carpet I have with the pack looks different than the ones I see in videos and pictures of the pack.

Mine:

Everyone else's:

See what I mean?

And yes, I checked to make sure it is the Conquest texture pack and not something else. I have seen a few images with the same carpet I have so I'm not sure if it's just a different version of Conquest or I'm just doing something wrong.

(1) Connected textures are on in your Optifine settings, right?

(2) Your carpet is clearly inherently different from what everyone else has.
Check your resource pack version.
07/22/2015 7:21 am
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Hero
Runninlikcraz
It's either
A) A different version of conquest
or
B) A setting in Optifine (Maybe fancy graphics/textures/something) is keeping it from working properly.
07/22/2015 12:37 am
Mouser3
I'm using Conquest and Optifine with connected textures and all that good stuff it's just that the carpet I have with the pack looks different than the ones I see in videos and pictures of the pack.

Mine:

Everyone else's:

See what I mean?

And yes, I checked to make sure it is the Conquest texture pack and not something else. I have seen a few images with the same carpet I have so I'm not sure if it's just a different version of Conquest or I'm just doing something wrong.
07/21/2015 11:52 pm
Mouser3
I'm using Optifine with connected textures on and I still get the square slabs of carpet. They don't connect though. They still have a little border around them when I put them side by side.
07/22/2015 12:09 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Dragon
Skitto493
Only a texture pack can do that.

What the maker of the texture pack does, is make their texture pack compatible with optifine to produce the fancy carpets.
07/21/2015 6:47 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
The reason those in conquest can look like animal skin/rug is because, using Optifine or MCpatcher, those texturepacks make use of Connected Textures. This means that blocks with certain textures, when placed next to each other, will adapt their textures to become 1 whole texture spread over all those blocks.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome