Trouble with the beacon beam texture

Glorifico's Avatar Glorifico8/8/13 3:18 pm
1 emeralds 3.6k 8
8/13/2013 8:37 pm
Glorifico's Avatar Glorifico
This is just a small issue I've found in which the beacon beam does some weird stuff. My texture for the beam is two opposite, diagonal, 45 degree (but not straight from one corner to the other) lines. However, in-game, one line is pointing straight up while the other is still going diagonal. I'm not sure what happened, but if the beacon beam texture is rotated in-game or there's some other detail that you and Minecraft haven't shared with me I would appreciate the help.
In-game images:
http://i.imgur.com/ctqbGYR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yvpRQR0.png

Thanks for your time!
Glorifico
Level 46 : Master Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/13/2013 8:37 pm
Glorifico
Hmm.... I was actually trying to animate the beacon beam, which I now assume was causing the problem. The only issue remaining is that I think I like the texture better with the animation glitch Thanks everyone for your help!
08/09/2013 11:43 am
Level 40 : Master Pixel Painter
insomniac_lemon
I tried your texture and that was not my result.

All I did was save the image you provided above, renamed it beacon_beam.png in the proper place, and that was the result.

Are you sure you were using the right image?
If so, I have no idea how that would change like that. (in fact, should be impossible)

Maybe if that's not it, you could try your pack on another machine with Minecraft, or delete the .JAR and reinstall Minecraft?
08/08/2013 4:02 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
whats wrong with it it looks fking awesome
08/08/2013 3:45 pm
Glorifico
Something very strange is happening... I've moved, shifted, rotated, and flipped the texture and yet no matter what I still get the same result, the lines are just in slightly different places...
08/08/2013 3:42 pm
Level 74 : Legendary uwu
TheOfficialNano
It looks epic! Whats the problem?
08/08/2013 3:48 pm
Glorifico
Thank you! But it is supposed to be epic-er, if only I could figure out why Minecraft's messing with my beacon texture.

Here's the actual texture:

and yet it turns into:
08/08/2013 3:39 pm
Glorifico
I don't think so, I've tried changing the beacon_beam.png.mcmeta text file and everything, and I can't think of any reason my beam texture's different that the vanilla texture, it's 16x and supposed to be vertical
08/08/2013 3:22 pm
Level 20 : Expert Mountaineer
Mine Of The Craft
I think it just has something to do with your texture pack
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome