Anti Bullying server

gilmear's Avatar gilmear2/22/14 3:00 pm
1 emeralds 116
Hi peeps,
My name is Matt.

A few years ago I nearly took my own life due to bullying, since then in my area, a number people have taken their own lives due to bullying.
I for one believe that we should work together to negate this and do our best to support each other, no matter what age, to help create a safe and enjoyable online experience for minecrafters.
Having played on a number servers I have found that it is very difficult to find a place where players can feel safe from their online bullies, real life demons and escape for day to day stress.

I am looking to create a community for minecraft players that aims to help, support and meet other players who have, had, or want to help people who have, or had bullying issues.
Unfortunately we cant do that without people who need help and people willing to offer the help. So please do spread the word and help keep the online highways safe from bullying!

The community has a dedicated 32gb factions server (where raiding and pvp is allowed, however we encourage for people to not continously target the same individuals, and if those individuals are targeted for someone to help them). A 50 Slot Teamspeak server, and a Website with some of the best forum software around.
This community is to aim to create a safe online environment for all ages to play with their friends and meet new ones.

If you like the sound of this, you can join us today at tyrianCraft.com/community

Ways we minimise the effects of bullying;

Report features everywhere on our website.
24 hour support tickets
24 hour email support at Support@tyriancraft.com
24 logs being made on the server (chat, blocks, everything!)
continous feedback on how we can improve our service to help you as the players.

Ways YOU can minimise the effects of bullying

1) Never give out personal details online, such as your real name, address, age or phone number. Even posting information about which school you attend can help the potential bully find out more.

2) In addition to making sure you don't post your personal details online, make sure to keep your actual profile private, or at least ensure that only known friends can view it.

3) Make sure you are familiar with the security measures made available to you by the various social networks. Take particular care to ensure you understand how to block numbers and email addresses.

4) Be careful about even the most basic of information. Whilst the temptation may be to share everything about your life online, you should try and avoid putting anything there that could get twisted or used in a manipulative way.

5) Talk to someone you can trust and tell them what has occurred.

6) Keep copies of any abusive texts, emails, messages that are received with a record of the date and time. Take screenshots or retain chat logs. With cyberbullying there is always a trail and keeping records can be very useful in helping to investigate the incident.

7) Try not to reply to any messages as it will often only encourage the bully. Equally, refrain from interjecting on somebody's behalf, or get involved by commenting. Report it instead.

8) The block button is there for a reason, so don't be afraid to use it if you need to. If the abuse persists, and you have already informed the authorities, you may need to consider temporarily disabling your profile, or even removing it altogether.

The community is completely free for people to join however donations are accepted.

(this is not a charity just a community)

the link again is tyriancraft.com/community

Please help spread the word and reduce Cyber-bullying.
gilmear
Level 4 : Apprentice Ranger