Capture The Monument [Alpha] Test (DTM Remake)

Strech's Avatar Strech6/12/23 3:41 am
1 emeralds 31
Hey everyone!

My name is Strech. I run an OP Prison server under the name PXGMC Network (play.pxgmc.net).

Since I was a kid, I loved playing Destroy the Monument (DTM) on the MCZone and Avicus Network servers. It has been a dream of mine to have my own version of this minigame.
After many years of learning the Bukkit/Spigot API, researching this old minigame, and lots of frustration, I have finally completed a testable version of Destroy the Monument.

I call this minigame Capture the Monument (CTM).

Capture the Monument is a team-based minigame where 15v15 people will fight each other on two teams. The objective of each team is to defend their base and monuments while simultaneously trying to destroy the other team's base and monuments.

Here is the best video I could find on the minigame back from 2013-2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yR3jvJwjgw

Our version of CTM is nowhere near complete, but it is complete enough to run an alpha playtest. We want to gather interest in this old minigame to bring it back. We also want to run this alpha test as a way to debug everything and add new features.

Our current map pool consists of old maps such as:
  • Atlantis
  • Bleened Rings
  • Curabitur
  • Daisy
  • Frostbite
  • Quintus
  • Rendezvous
  • Senex1, 2, and 3
  • Ternio
  • Yin & Yang
We also are considering adding a few more maps to balance out at 15 total. Our current reserves include:
  • Audax
  • Justice 2
  • Rendezvous 3
  • Unix
  • Sector Six
We are excited to share this with everyone, and we hope we can gather interest in this game.

If you are at all interested or have any questions, please join our Discord: https://discord.gg/E3sWVPr

Our current server IP is play.pxgmc.net if you are interested in OP Prison!
Strech
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner