☃ IBC Beta 1.3 ☃ - A Minecraft Nostalgia server

Johnanater's Avatar Johnanater6/21/18 9:57 pm history
1 emeralds 351
What is IBC?

Iceberg Craft is a server network dedicated to bringing players the best possible experience on our servers. We currently host Unturned servers and a Just Cause 3 Multiplayer server. We've decided to expand and create a Minecraft server that players new and old will love.

Why an old server?

I feel that as Minecraft updates, there are a lot more features that aren't necessary and I know a lot of other players feel the same way.

Why Beta 1.3?

I feel like Beta 1.3 has the perfect balance of features. Both lacking new features that some players don't like and enough features to make the game interesting and fun. Beta 1.3 has beds, mostly complete redstone, and is stable.

Beta 1.3 doesn't have a weather system, pistons, or a native nether on servers.

What makes this server different from other “Nostalgia Servers”?

Sadly, a lot of these “nostalgia servers” aren't run very well, including bad plugins, broken gameplay, and more. This is a reason why a lot of these servers shut down after a few weeks. Our goal is to not shutdown if we get popular.

But there are some features that players love, will you add those?

On IBC’s server we want to re-add some features that we think would be beneficial. So we included a plugin that makes Nether portals work like they do now. The only problem is that it's not actually the nether, only nether generation.

We've also included:

• Working nether
  • Fence stacking
  • Pigs drop cooked pork when on fire
  • Grow different types of trees!
  • Boats don’t break! (Most of the time…)
  • Glowstone drops 3-4 dust!
  • Apples drop from trees!
  • Stairs drop stairs!

Our custom client also contains a lot of fixes that users will love! The client fixes authentication, skins, sounds, and adds custom capes!

The Minecraft authentication servers are down for these versions, what do you do about this?

Because the main authentication servers are down our server uses a custom fix to allow you to login normally.

Because of this, you must install our custom client or you can fix it yourself with the handy tutorial in the readme!

Sounds are broken?

Mojang removed the old sound index on their AWS server, because of this we had to modify another class file to use our mirror of the index.

Great! How do I play?

First you have to download our patcher. There's a readme inside, or you can watch the video tutorial!

https://icebergcraft.com/downloads/minecraft/beta/patcher/latest.zip

Virus Total: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b34007fad44295a8fb23e5dd03315c059798b7ab0e02c7924a5bda76f722b9fc/analysis/1529631496/

I don’t want to install your client, but I still want the fixes!

It’s good Internet safety not to trust random people, so I made a quick tutorial inside the readme on how to patch the client yourself!

We'd love to hear your feedback!
Johnanater
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco