Minepixel (Temp. Name) A mini server Project (read description for more info.)

User3679482G's Avatar User3679482G6/28/21 5:21 pm history
1 emeralds 46
Hi! I've decided to work on a mini-summer project which is this server. I was pondering about what it should be about and decided to do minigames. I feel like minigames popular servers like hypixel can have much more potential. I want to create minigames where they are good quality and then the usual game.

Join our discord if you want to keep up with news and update.

DISCLAIMER: Please don't have hype or high hopes for this. This is really just a small project I want to do for fun and I hate disappointing people with guaranteed experience.

Discord: https://discord.gg/dsYqfszTbu

FAQ

Question: What is Minepixel?
Minepixel is actually just a temporary name for now (If you have better names, suggest it in #suggestions. This is just a small summer project for me to do. This project is really just a test project right now to see how well it does and also to feed my boreness something. If it does go well, we might continue to update this.

As of right now, we want to make a mini-games server. Why mini-games you ask? Well, it's the most easiest! But that's not to say it's extremely simple. Hypixel stands right now as the biggest mini-game server but sometimes I feel like I can games alot more fun and enjoyable than tedious and boring.

Question: What games will Minepixel have?
As of right now we want to go small but with high quality. Currently we are planning to do Bedwars with 1 fully custom map, and custom-coded plugins. It will have 1v1v1v1 mode for right now. If this goes successful we will update it almost immediately!

Question: When will the server be released?
As of right now, we plan to release a beta during the next one or two weeks at max. This is something we do not want to rush and create a good quality experience.

Question: What will BETA be like?
It will mostly contain alot of bugs. That's what a BETA is for! To test and play the server for any bugs/issues. Please report them in #bug-reports as it'll be very helpful.

Question: Which version is the server on?
It will be hosted on the latest verison (1.17). This gives us new tools to code with and new blocks as well. It also provides new ways to play the game where before you can't with 1.8 unless it's a very extensive and complicated plugin.

Question: Is Minepixel the official name?
No! Unless we think there is no more options/choices then we might go with this, but we will replace with it something that fits the theme. It's not the most creative name since you can use words like 'mine', 'craft', 'cube', 'pixel'.

Question: How can I support the server?
Honestly, all you need to do is spread the word! However I'm not going to promise it will be everything you hoped for and is the new game-breaking server. Like I said, this is a small summer project to do and see how good it does.

However, if you're asking how to directly help the server, we currently aren't opening team applications.

Question: Will there be a donation store/micro-transactions?
At launch? No. This is a small project I want to do for fun. This is another downside I feel like is applied to other mini-game servers (especially Hypixel) where almost everything is limited to ranks. If we do plan to add micro-transactions, it'll be most likely cosmetics that does not effect gameplay.

Question: What's the intended community for this server?
This is a big problem in mini-games servers. A lot of them are filled with toxic people, and I know that there is a difference between competitive and toxic people. It's fine to be mad and frustrated but please don't use stupid excuses like "you're cheating" or such. This server is also PG-13 meaning there will be swears. I hope for a community where we have fun and not spend hours over endless dramas. That being said, if you are breaking the rules, I will not hesitate to ban you. (Note this is a perm ban, we do not have temporary bans. We'll setup a appeal section later.) Please be respectable and let's have fun!
User3679482G
Level 1 : New Miner