Server Ideas

Topgammer's Avatar Topgammer10/5/13 11:08 pm
1 emeralds 56
Hi,

Are you a server owner? Have a server but no players? I have had a couple of ideas that keep going through my brain, for a over a couple months now, and is wondering if a server can implement them into theirs. This is for only servers that seem to fail at getting players and such.

I was thinking of a faction server, but not just that. A server where it was like the old days. No god apples, super enchantments, op mcmmo skills and OP Donation ranks.

God apples just makes you god(lul). Just eat one of those every 30 seconds and you will not die. A server where there would be no god apples would create a fair experience for all players, making it easier to pvp. Just eat one of those every 30 seconds and you will not die.

Super enchantments, meaning Protection IV, thorns, are just unfair to new players and players who have worked hard for their items just to be killed by 'lucky' enchants and donaters. Limiting the enchants to protection 2 would make life a lot easier to not worry about who you are fighting against. And again, it would make pvp a lot smoother and much more fun.

Mcmmo skills, everyone knows axes and swords. Just plain unfair when those couple of people get their skills to 500 or more and just demolish you in pvp. Maybe just limiting these skills to 100 or even eliminating them would still allow the great rpg skills like fishing, wood cutting, mining, etc....

Lots of server owners make OP donation ranks because they want donations. Too many times do these donators just make people leave the server and just make the game unfair and not very fun. Limiting what you give to the donators to tnt, building blocks, diamonds and exp (etc) and not Protection 4 stacked diamond armor.

Commands. Everyone knows that people get unfair commands too.... /fix all, /stack and /enchant even. These are also donation intended commands as well. Why not just eliminating these commands but instead give them /chest, /enderchest, /wb (Work Bench). Would make others still want to donate for these small but helpful advantages.

Making this unique server could bring players to stay and enjoy what you have to offer. I would love this server because it is very hard to find one these days. I have been getting tired of all these op servers and will finally be happy to play a fair, un abusive server.

Me:
If you would like help with these ideas, you can send me your skype and we can talk. I have owned and made my own plugins before, so I can be helpful. Other wise, Can't wait to play your server

Sincerely,
Topgammer <3
Topgammer
Level 6 : Apprentice Warrior